High pitched sound in headphones (rear I/O) on low loads after Overclock.

Cyberspirit

Hey, I just got done with Overclocking my 2700x and, it was a success but, seems like something started causing some interference on the rear headphone jack.

Whenever I start a CPU heavy benchmark it goes away but, it gets slightly louder after the benchmark is stopped.

I'm not exactly sure what could be the cause of this but, it doesn't affect the front panel audio so, that's good.

Any idea as to what could be causing this issue? If I reset the BIOS to default it goes away so, it's the Overclock's fault for sure.

Here are my specs:

Spoiler

• CPU: 2700x
  • MOBO: MSI b450 Mortar
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (2x8Gb) 2667MHz
  • GPU: Msi Gtx 1070
  • PSU: Corsair Rm850x

Here are my OC settings:

Spoiler

• Multiplier: 4.125
  • BCLK: 100
  • Voltage 1.35V (1.384 under load)
  • LLC is set to level 1 and level 5 for max loads

Since it goes away while running anything CPU heavy like Cinebench could it be that something isn't getting enough voltage on lower loads?

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

Since the rear I/0 jacks are analogue, it may just be that the components of your PC are putting out a little more RF interference or something due to increased load. I notice my PC does this as well when I put a load on it.

14 hours ago, RRSniper said:

Since the rear I/0 jacks are analogue, it may just be that the components of your PC are putting out a little more RF interference or something due to increased load. I notice my PC does this as well when I put a load on it.

That's the weird thing though because it stops immediately when I start stressing the CPU. I'll mess around with Voltages later and make an update here.

Edit: Tried everything I could but, doesn't seem like it wants to go away.

Tried lower clocks, higher clocks same with Voltages but, it doesn't seem to matter.

At this point, I'm completely lost.

Edited by Cyberspirit
Update

12 hours ago, Cyberspirit said:

That's the weird thing though because it stops immediately when I start stressing the CPU. I'll mess around with Voltages later and make an update here.

Edit: Tried everything I could but, doesn't seem like it wants to go away.

Tried lower clocks, higher clocks same with Voltages but, it doesn't seem to matter.

At this point, I'm completely lost.

That is really strange, sorry I can't help you any more. The only think i can think of to fix it is to use USB headphones or SPDIF speakers or something as they wouldn't be affected since they're digital.

It's cool, I'll try to rewire my stuff on the weekend and move things around to see if it helps. If not, I'll just use the front panel audio or get a cheap DAC.