Laptop with 4k Screen AND a 2070 or 2080 ?

That isn't the Razer Blade.

I need the 4k screen for work, not games FYI.

17" is also preferred in the age of thin bezels and smaller footprints.

seems like the laptops with 4k screens have weak GPUs and the ones with the best GPUs are FHD.

Even the stupid Asus StudioBook that is coming out has a FHD screen which makes little sense to me as the primary target of this product.

25 minutes ago, unclefarkus said:

That isn't the Razer Blade.

I need the 4k screen for work, not games FYI.

17" is also preferred in the age of thin bezels and smaller footprints.

seems like the laptops with 4k screens have weak GPUs and the ones with the best GPUs are FHD.

Even the stupid Asus StudioBook that is coming out has a FHD screen which makes little sense to me as the primary target of this product.

I would watch LTT's laptop review's on their channel on the laptops

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=linus+tech+tips+4k+latop

Did I fix your problem? Please feel free to donate to me at <Link Removed> 

Any donation is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

My pc - PCPartPicker part list 

Ah yes, I've been watching for a long time and have bought/returned around 5 laptops over the past year.

Currently using a Surface Book 2 at my desk job and the 17" Over Powered because it's so cheap I don't care much about it. But still looking for the ideal machine... probably something that is releasing this year.

4k isn't that 4k on a 17" screen. 

CPU:R9 3900x@4.5Ghz RAM:Vengeance Pro LPX @ 3200mhz MOBO:MSI Tomohawk B350 GPU:PNY GTX 1080 XLR8

DRIVES:500GB Samsung 970 Pro + Patriot Blast 480GB x2 + 12tb RAID10 NAS

MONITORS:Pixio PX329 32inch 1440p 165hz, LG 34UM68-p 1080p 75hz

9 minutes ago, JohnDongus said:

4k isn't that 4k on a 17" screen. 

FWIW, I have a 4k screen in my laptop, and had one in my previous one as well. 1440p at 17" is ideal really (I use 150% scaling) but 1080p on a 15 or 17" screen is hard for me to go back to. I just feel cramped and like I don't have enough screen space to work with. 

Desktop: AMD Threadripper 1950X @ 4.1Ghz Enermax 360L  Gigabyte Aorus Extreme   Zotac 1080Ti AMP Extreme  BeQuiet! Dark Base Pro 900  EVGA SuperNova 1000w G2  LG 34GK950f & ASUS PA248Q Klipsch Reference/Audeze Mobius

Synology Wireless AC-2600

Laptop: Alienware 17R5   Intel i7 8750H  Nvidia GTX1080   3840x2160 4k AdobeRGB IGZO Display   32GB DDR4 2133   256GB+1TB NVMe SSD    1TB Seagate SSHD   Killer 1550 Dual-Band Wireless AC

1440 would be acceptable too but i see that even more rarely it feels like,

i also like 150% scaling, sometimes 125% depending on what i'm doing.

looks like the 17" alienware will have 4k but also be nearly $4,000 in an ugly (imo) package

20 hours ago, unclefarkus said:

snip

Location? Budget? Any preference on weight and battery life? Why must 4k display?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

thanks!

i'm in the US

no budget if it gets the job done, it's a business expense.

weight needs to be reasonable but not ultrabook light or area 51 heavy lol. needs properly cooled for when using gpu intensive applications like lumion for hours at a time. or the occasional destiny.

4k because i'm an architect who uses revit 90% of the time and screen real estate is vital. it's nice to fit more on my screen. my eyes can't run it full 100% scaled for long periods, but i can handle 125-150 without issues. so 2560 would also be acceptable but i never see those.

30 minutes ago, unclefarkus said:

weight needs to be reasonable

Give a range in kg/lbs for max weight

No preference on battery life?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

My office has Razer Blade Pros that are available for check out that I have used. Those are 6.75 pounds. It was pretty heavy but doable considering what it was packing. I don't traverse campus or anything. My commute is either via bicycle or car. Honestly I'm more concerned by overall size than weight. The new Blades are very dense, kinda heavy, but compact. They feel good. Meanwhile many Asus are thick and large but relatively light in comparison. But cooling is also important I realize.

Battery life isn't so important. I use my iPad for web browsing, media, lounging and such. When I use my laptop, it's because I'm going to be hunkering down for a bit to work/game and will want to be plugged in. At the same time, I think an hour should be minimum for those rare circumstances when I need to do something without outlet access.

12 hours ago, unclefarkus said:

Honestly I'm more concerned by overall size than weight

I still need a range on these as they are subjective

NEVER get a Razer laptop unless they realize what is QC and warranty

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

Small bezels if 17"; small-ish bezels if 15", less than 1.5" thick maybe

As an aside, we have 12 Razer Blade Pros with the GTX1080 and 4K screen spread out at all of my office's locations and according to IT, only 3 have been sent back for repair (2 out of the box) in almost 2 years. That doesn't seem too bad considering what we put them through. Sometimes they render animations for 24 hours at a time.

I don't want Razer though. I have already done that and got a lemon.

Company budget is way different than personal budget lol.

So you want a good GPU (eg GTX)? OK with 15 or 17 inch? Prefer gaming/performance laptop or regular laptop/Ultrabook?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

I think I'm going to wait for reviews on the Alienware M17 with the 4k panel and RTX2080. It's ugly but it hits most everything I'm looking for and I feel like they stand by their products well.

4 hours ago, unclefarkus said:

I think I'm going to wait for reviews on the Alienware M17 with the 4k panel and RTX2080. It's ugly but it hits most everything I'm looking for and I feel like they stand by their products well.

I had the 15 inch version of that thing, and it ran super hot under load, especially a combined GPU/CPU load. The 17 is supposed to have bigger fans/better cooling but we'll see if it makes a difference or not. You could see if HIDevolution is running any good deals on the 17r5. If you get them to do a repaste on it, it does pretty well cooling wise. I know the bezels are thicker, but it's been great so far for me after a repaste. Stock it also runs hot, but that's just the garbage that dell passes off as thermal paste. If you do go dell, make sure you get prosupport on it. Their standard support tier is utter garbage. 

Desktop: AMD Threadripper 1950X @ 4.1Ghz Enermax 360L  Gigabyte Aorus Extreme   Zotac 1080Ti AMP Extreme  BeQuiet! Dark Base Pro 900  EVGA SuperNova 1000w G2  LG 34GK950f & ASUS PA248Q Klipsch Reference/Audeze Mobius

Synology Wireless AC-2600

Laptop: Alienware 17R5   Intel i7 8750H  Nvidia GTX1080   3840x2160 4k AdobeRGB IGZO Display   32GB DDR4 2133   256GB+1TB NVMe SSD    1TB Seagate SSHD   Killer 1550 Dual-Band Wireless AC