Question about HDMI in port

On my motherboard there's an HDMI in port, but I can't fingure out how to use it, and searching it brings it no answers

My motherboard is a azrock z87 extreme4 with a GYX 1060, and I'm trying to run my Switch through it.

Just now, BlindGuyPCs said:

On my motherboard there's an HDMI in port, but I can't fingure out how to use it, and searching it brings it no answers

My motherboard is a azrock z87 extreme4 with a GYX 1060, and I'm trying to run my Switch through it.

you cant use it when you have a gpu plugged into the motherboard

Reading the manual, the A-Style HDMI In can be used only with the HDMI Out right next to it. So it only works with the iGPU, not with a discrete GPU.

8 hours ago, alarmingtugboat97 said:

you cant use it when you have a gpu plugged into the motherboard

Ah well. Thanks for the help!

Normally turning it on in the bios is what you do. If the board is crap then I guess you can’t. I do it on every single mobo. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz