RTX 2060

Valont

Looking to buy an RTX 2060 to go along with a new build, are any better clear winners when it comes to Gigabyte, ASUS, ZOTAC etc, or is it best to go for the cheapest option?

For 350-400$ you could easily get a 1080 used/new! I would recommend going that route first before buying a 2060. 

I would go for a decent cooler for the 2060, a Dual fan design from most of the manufactures should be fine. Dont get a blower card, or a single fan unless you have a tiny case

5 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

For 350-400$ you could easily get a 1080 used/new! I would recommend going that route first before buying a 2060. 

I would go for a decent cooler for the 2060, a Dual fan design from most of the manufactures should be fine. Dont get a blower card, or a single fan unless you have a tiny case

Looking to buy new only, and in the UK.
1080 is out of my price range (£350 ish) so looking at the 2060 as it's cheaper than the 1070Ti for similar performance.
As you said, looking for a dual/triple fan but beyond that, unsure as to which is best.
Cheapest I have found is ZOTAC at this point.

Unfortunately there are not that many reviews out yet. I went with a Gigabyte Windforce OC model, mostly because I've had a good experience with my previous card. So far I am pretty content with it. It has a weird thing where it gets relatively hot (83 degrees celsius) when I set the power and temperature limit to the max in MSI Afterburner while it only gets to about 75 degrees when I manually OC it to a higher frequency than it reaches with just adjusting the limits, but other than that it works splendidly . Mine boosts to 1920 MHz on average without OC and 1980MHz with a small manual overclock, but I'm not the enthusiastic about overclocking so it could be possible to get more out of it I guess. I did notice that I am not a really big fan of the whole 0 rpm stuff with this card, since it will idle around 45 degrees when the fans are off. I set a custom fan profile so it always spins at 20% at least, making it still quite but never reaching 35 degrees while idle.

I don't think you can really go wrong with which one you pick unless your aim is to overclock it much, even the Founders Edition is completely sufficient at cooling afaik.

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

https://techguided.com/best-rtx-2060/

507004880_RTX2060.png.da0e6e62edaeaeba2a090dd3b8883b28.png

I personally also interested to Evga RTX 2060 XC Ultra to replacing my 1060 6Gb. I was ignoring RTX this far, but seeing the RTX 2060 is in between 1070Ti and 1080 raw performance (Raytracing is disabled) with relatively good value for future proofing, it gets my interest.

This is the benchmarks,

https://www.techspot.com/review/1781-geforce-rtx-2060-mega-benchmark/

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs:

My understanding from what i've read is that the RTX 2060 overclocked can reach stock speeds of the RTX 2070 with MSI afterburner with ease, if I needed to upgrade my card right now I think RTX 2060 would be a great buy especially with being able to overclock to that point.