Can my desk do a double/triple monitor setup?

Omie

So I'm basically trying to go for a double/triple monitor setup, more with the triple monitor setup being my end goal.

I was wondering if my desk (L desk) can even do a double/triple monitor setup. The main problem is that my PC case is a full tower behemoth and takes up a ton of room, so I don't think I can even add a second monitor. Here is a video of my current setup: https://imgur.com/a/y21kumI

As you can see, I don't have much room to work with (ignore the Vizio TV as that will be removed, so just assume that I have free space in that area).

For my options, I was thinking of either:

1) Purchasing a new desk that will fit triple monitors and my PC.

2) Buying a USB extension hub and a longer DisplayPort cable (to account for my short peripheral cables and monitor video cable) in order to allow myself to just move my PC to where my Vizio TV is in the video. But if I go with this option, I don't think I'll be able to add a third monitor, most likely just a second monitor at the most. Plus, my space will look messy as I will see a ton of cables coming out of the back of my PC due to it being pushed more forward along the L desk to account for the additional monitor.

Any suggestions? Kind of stuck here.

I used to have a triple setup of crt's on something that looked flimsier  than that in the mid 90's, I mean what's the worst thing if it breaks just claim your insurance :P

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

48 minutes ago, it_dont_work said:

I used to have a triple setup of crt's on something that looked flimsier  than that in the mid 90's, I mean what's the worst thing if it breaks just claim your insurance :P

I honestly just don't know how to account for the huge amount of desk space my PC tower takes. Like I can't even fit any monitors with the current setup position as shown in my video.

You could mount a triple arm vesa mount to the wall  on the right side and the pc on the left if you don't mind something semi permanent but the ones I've seen aren't cheap.

Even some of the desk mounted ones could work if you don't mind the arm extending past the desk. 

5 hours ago, Omie said:

So I'm basically trying to go for a double/triple monitor setup, more with the triple monitor setup being my end goal.

I was wondering if my desk (L desk) can even do a double/triple monitor setup. The main problem is that my PC case is a full tower behemoth and takes up a ton of room, so I don't think I can even add a second monitor. Here is a video of my current setup: https://imgur.com/a/y21kumI

As you can see, I don't have much room to work with (ignore the Vizio TV as that will be removed, so just assume that I have free space in that area).

For my options, I was thinking of either:

1) Purchasing a new desk that will fit triple monitors and my PC.

2) Buying a USB extension hub and a longer DisplayPort cable (to account for my short peripheral cables and monitor video cable) in order to allow myself to just move my PC to where my Vizio TV is in the video. But if I go with this option, I don't think I'll be able to add a third monitor, most likely just a second monitor at the most. Plus, my space will look messy as I will see a ton of cables coming out of the back of my PC due to it being pushed more forward along the L desk to account for the additional monitor.

Any suggestions? Kind of stuck here.

Looking at your current setup, you seem to have a lot of space to work with imo. I would definitely move the PC further to the side on the smaller table to increase the space you have to work with. Then using monitor arms you can clear up a lot of space that the monitor stand otherwise would use. However, @it_dont_work tells you to put it on the floor and I have to agree in this instance. That would pretty much solve all your issues.

I have (?) a 120 cm wide table onto which I have fitted dual systems (ITX + ATX), dual 27" monitors, speakers and mics etc. :P Anything is possible with enough will.

20190120_185857_HDR-1.thumb.jpg.6c00d62b1193a4a8e1ed49a49ed5f147.jpg

Spoiler

Mobo: Asus Z370-A Prime

CPU: Intel i7 8700K

RAM: Kingston Fury 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Beast

GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080Ti Xtreme Edition 11GB

Case: Fractal Define R6 Tempered Glass, Black

SSD 1: Crucial P3 1TB M.2 PCIe Gen 3 NVMe SSD

SSD 2: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB

SSD 3: Crucial MX500 500 GB

HDD: Seagate Barracuda ST4000DM005 64MB 4TB 7200 rpm

PSU: Corsair RM750X v2

Display 1: AOC Agon AG271QG

Display 2: Dell U2711

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M AIO

Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Keyboard: Cooler Master CM Storm Trigger Z w/ Cherry MX Brown

Speakers: Creative Gigaworks T40 Series II

Soundcard: Creative AE-5 Soundblaster

Headphones: Sennheiser RS 165 Wireless

Microphone 1: Audio Technica AT2020+ USB

Microphone 2: Antlion Audiio ModMic Wireless

8 hours ago, Mortis Angelus said:

Looking at your current setup, you seem to have a lot of space to work with imo. I would definitely move the PC further to the side on the smaller table to increase the space you have to work with. Then using monitor arms you can clear up a lot of space that the monitor stand otherwise would use. However, @it_dont_work tells you to put it on the floor and I have to agree in this instance. That would pretty much solve all your issues.

I have (?) a 120 cm wide table onto which I have fitted dual systems (ITX + ATX), dual 27" monitors, speakers and mics etc. :P Anything is possible with enough will.

20190120_185857_HDR-1.thumb.jpg.6c00d62b1193a4a8e1ed49a49ed5f147.jpg

That's a nice looking setup! I would be happy to just put my PC on the floor, but my floor is carpet which is why I'm afraid of doing that. My case does have legs, but still just worried about the airflow. 

On 1/23/2019 at 10:13 PM, Omie said:

That's a nice looking setup! I would be happy to just put my PC on the floor, but my floor is carpet which is why I'm afraid of doing that. My case does have legs, but still just worried about the airflow. 

That carpet in your video doesn't look that bad. I believe you could do it. You could also put two small pieces of wood beneath the feet to raise the computer up a bit, or just a thin plywood board beneath the whole computer ontop of the carpet. Won't look super sexy, but would do the trick. Another option would be to just flip the PSU to take air from inside the case, and thus have no bottom air-intake at all. Third option: Remove the carpet.

Spoiler

Display 2: Dell U2711

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M AIO

Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Keyboard: Cooler Master CM Storm Trigger Z w/ Cherry MX Brown

Speakers: Creative Gigaworks T40 Series II

Soundcard: Creative AE-5 Soundblaster

Headphones: Sennheiser RS 165 Wireless

Microphone 1: Audio Technica AT2020+ USB

Microphone 2: Antlion Audiio ModMic Wireless

Buy a piece of wood and set your case on that.  I wouldn't set your case on the ground.  If you have animals or a dirty house I'd keep the case on the desk.

Do you need your monitors all side-by-side?  I've seen setups where it's dual with a third on top.  The other option is to wall mount the monitors.

Image result for random Frank P setup

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

12 hours ago, Velcade said:

Buy a piece of wood and set your case on that.  I wouldn't set your case on the ground.  If you have animals or a dirty house I'd keep the case on the desk.

Do you need your monitors all side-by-side?  I've seen setups where it's dual with a third on top.  The other option is to wall mount the monitors.

Image result for random Frank P setup

Yeah I was thinking of doing that, just buying a wood piece and putting it on the ground with my PC on top of it. That will free up some space.

I did find another desk for now to be able to use a second monitor, but I still end up having to turn my head about 45 degrees to look at it lol. 

IMG_5757.JPG

My currenr setup just just gives me like no room, it's so frustrating.

21 hours ago, Omie said:

Yeah I was thinking of doing that, just buying a wood piece and putting it on the ground with my PC on top of it. That will free up some space.

I did find another desk for now to be able to use a second monitor, but I still end up having to turn my head about 45 degrees to look at it lol. 

IMG_5757.JPG

My currenr setup just just gives me like no room, it's so frustrating.

In all reality, there is nothing that hinders a computer from being on the floor, animals or not - especially if you don't use any bottom intakes. The only difference is how often you have to clean it from dust. And with a properly filtered case and positive pressure it is all pretty easy.

I had a massive dust accumulation in the front filter of my R6 now a few weeks back. It was nasty! But that was because I did not clean the dust in a while. But the thing was; inside the PC, there was almost nothing. A little bit between the exhaust fan and the top radiator; I expected a carpet of dust, but nothing.

That all said, it is obviously preferable to have it on the desk for lesser dust accumulation.

Spoiler