Audio Technica ATH-M50's. How are they?

beercules1028
Go to solution Solved by Melchio,

Are the Audio Technica ATH-M50's worth buying?

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/100596-time-for-new-headset/ ( my last post )

There are countless threads that would give you the answer to that question had you used the search bar, but since you already made the thread; yes. They are worth buying. 

Personal Rig: i7 7700K - Asus Strix Z270H - 2x8GB GSkill RGB memory 3000Mhz - EVGA GTX1080ti SC2 - 2X Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - EVGA SuperNOVA 750G2

I've heard a lot of complaints about them being uncomfortable after a while of listening but sound quality is supposed to be excellent.

Having got mine for the best value, I feel that I get to be as objective about them as possible. And for $125-$150 you can get better

What do you think would be better? The more comfortable the better

SRH440 with 840 pads.

Removable cable, better comfort, and more even tonality. 

The Audio Technica ATH M50s look more comfortable and more stylish. Any other suggestions?

The Shures are better, in most every way. Only thing is style which is mostly subjective. 

Yeah it is, Any other suggestions? Anyone?

I don't think you should let public judgement get you down on getting a better pair of headphones. You will impress your friends with better quality headphones more than looks, already done it before with my 990's xD

I don't think you should let public judgement get you down on getting a better pair of headphones. You will impress your friends with better quality headphones more than looks, already done it before with my 990's xD

Thanks for that :)

Thanks for that :)

welcome. Showed my 990's on day of finals to just listen to music in a blow off class, turned out everyone else was hogging my headphones lol

(Whispers)

You never see them on your head anyway. 

Haha, true man. I'll decide on some eventually :) thanks everyone 

The Shures are better, in most every way. Only thing is style which is mostly subjective. 

You've been raving about those headphones for awhile now, I think I may pick up a pair to test them out eh!

#!

You've been raving about those headphones for awhile now, I think I may pick up a pair to test them out eh!

Do it man, they're amazing, especially considering the price. 

OP: I have a review in my signature, I suggest you read a little bit. I am also gonna write a review of the Shure SRH440's soon. 

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

I'd rather get those SRH440's over the M50's, especially with 840 pads. a little less bass, but it's more accurate. mids and highs are a little more present, and a little clearer too. and here's the kicker: it's actually comfortable! an it's at a much better value (if you're paying full price for the M50's). I will write a review of the 440's soon. 

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

M50 are not very comfortable nor portable, and the sound is great but far from exceptional. I think there are tons of better options at its price point. Don't believe the hype.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

The only way to decide is try each individually headphones, but it's not so easy...maybe in hifi store if you take with you some cd

The M50's are easily the best price to performance headphones on the market at the moment in my opinion. They sound simply amazing.

Worship the Lord GabeN for he is your one true god!!!!

The Lord's Prayer