Monitor can hold signal at above 60hz

Dunzaus

Hi, so I got Acer Predator XB252Q and it works fine with 240hz when plugged into my gtx 1070, in my desktop. 

So I have just bought a certified mini displayport to displayport cable that I have plugged into my laptop og monitor. But as soon as I try and go above 60hz the pictore turns off and again very quickly, again and again or says ''no signal''. If I try to put at above 144hz there's just no signal at all.

My laptop is a MSI GS73VR GRF Stealth Pro, with a gtx 1060 6gb inside it.

I have tried to google solutions, but apart from trying to buy a new cable there seem to be no solutions to have to fix this if that doesn't work, which it rarely seem to do, though it seems that a decent amount of people have this problem, when connecting a laptop to a monitor, via displayport or mini displayport.

Please help

20 minutes ago, Dunzaus said:

Hi, so I got Acer Predator XB252Q and it works fine with 240hz when plugged into my gtx 1070, in my desktop. 

So I have just bought a certified mini displayport to displayport cable that I have plugged into my laptop og monitor. But as soon as I try and go above 60hz the pictore turns off and again very quickly, again and again or says ''no signal''. If I try to put at above 144hz there's just no signal at all.

My laptop is a MSI GS73VR GRF Stealth Pro, with a gtx 1060 6gb inside it.

I have tried to google solutions, but apart from trying to buy a new cable there seem to be no solutions to have to fix this if that doesn't work, which it rarely seem to do, though it seems that a decent amount of people have this problem, when connecting a laptop to a monitor, via displayport or mini displayport.

Please help

tried hdmi?

2 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

tried hdmi?

Going above 60hz in hdmi isn't even an option with that monitor. I can get a steady picture with both hdmi and displayport at 60hz. But my goal is to play on big monitor via laptop at 120-144hz