Looking to build my first rig

lllTroublelll

So I'm a truck driver from Kentucky so I dont know much about PC gaming but I'm tired of being tied to just a console it's good for the truck but I want something more powerful and better looking for when I'm at home, I want to build my own but pre built would be fine too I've got a budget of ~2k for parts or a full system any suggestions 

Do you need a monitor, keyboard, mouse, and headset as well?

This is closer to the top end of your budget, just as the tower alone. If you need anything more than the tower, then some changes can be made to better accommodate those into the budget:

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/BBbkKB
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/BBbkKB/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($308.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus - ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($129.00 @ B&H)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($124.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung - 860 Evo 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($82.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($59.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Asus - GeForce RTX 2080 8 GB ROG Strix Gaming OC Video Card  ($844.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: NZXT - H700i ATX Mid Tower Case  ($169.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair - HX Platinum 750 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($129.89 @ OutletPC)
Total: $1850.73
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-01-18 22:47 EST-0500

-Thread moved to New Builds and Planning-

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

10 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Do you need a monitor, keyboard, mouse, and headset as well?

This is closer to the top end of your budget, just as the tower alone. If you need anything more than the tower, then some changes can be made to better accommodate those into the budget:

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/BBbkKB
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/BBbkKB/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($308.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus - ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($129.00 @ B&H)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($124.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung - 860 Evo 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($82.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($59.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Asus - GeForce RTX 2080 8 GB ROG Strix Gaming OC Video Card  ($844.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: NZXT - H700i ATX Mid Tower Case  ($169.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair - HX Platinum 750 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($129.89 @ OutletPC)
Total: $1850.73
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-01-18 22:47 EST-0500

-Thread moved to New Builds and Planning-

@Crunchy Dragon I just got an  LG 34UC89G-B for a console it's a bit overkill but I'm looking to the future, what kind of mouse and keyboard would you recommend?

1 minute ago, lllTroublelll said:

@Crunchy Dragon I just got an  LG 34UC89G-B for a console it's a bit overkill but I'm looking to the future, what kind of mouse and keyboard would you recommend?

Until recently, I used the CM Storm Devastator mouse and keyboard. I still have that as my keyboard, but I replaced my mouse with a Logitech G403.

Both are good mice, but I prefer the G403 over the Devastator mouse.

It's just a $30 cheap gaming keyboard+mouse bundle you can buy in a lot of places, but I'm satisfied with it.

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Until recently, I used the CM Storm Devastator mouse and keyboard. I still have that as my keyboard, but I replaced my mouse with a Logitech G403.

Both are good mice, but I prefer the G403 over the Devastator mouse.

It's just a $30 cheap gaming keyboard+mouse bundle you can buy in a lot of places, but I'm satisfied with it.

@Crunchy Dragon ok I'll look into it I'm still a little scared of building my own PC but it should be a good learning experience just afraid I'll mess something up like frying my motherboard and waisting my money.

Just now, lllTroublelll said:

@Crunchy Dragon ok I'll look into it I'm still a little scared of building my own PC but it should be a good learning experience just afraid I'll mess something up like frying my motherboard and waisting my money.

Alright. Listen closely, this is very important for building PCs, especially as a first-timer.

If you can read and follow instructions, you're in no danger of killing anything.

Feel free to come back here and ask if you need any help with anything, the members here are happy to help you. If you watch a bunch of build guides on YouTube from channels like Bitwit, Linus Tech Tips, JayzTwoCents, and others until you get the theory down cold and memorized, you eventually won't even need the instructions to put components together.

This gets said a lot, but building a PC is literally as easy as building a Lego set.