Sturdy Keyboard

WDan96

Hi, I recently broke my keyboards space bar.

I have a bad habit of smashing my desk when league of legends bullish*ts me :(

Can anyone recommend a good sturdy, well build keyboard, mechanical or membrane.

I don't suppose some keyboards have replaceable mechanisms?

Get a rubber keyboard! You can hit it all you want, and trust me, with a rubber keyboard you will hit it. They are frustratingly terrible, especially for gaming. (I got one to replace the old tan PS2 keyboard I had.)

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245

I have a K95, it's very sturdy

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

I just got my K70. It's built like a tank. 

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Hi, I recently broke my keyboards space bar.

I have a bad habit of smashing my desk when league of legends bullish*ts me :(

Can anyone recommend a good sturdy, well build keyboard, mechanical or membrane.

I don't suppose some keyboards have replaceable mechanisms?

what was your keyboard before so we have an idea of your destructive powers before we recommend things lol

Depends how much you're looking to spend really.

Mechanicals will offer better build quality and as such you would expect them to last longer; however, they come at a cost- and if you feel like you will hit things with it, then it may not be in your best interests to buy simply for economical reasons.

That said, if you're going to spend more on a well-built Membrane board then it may just be better to spend that little bit more and get a mechanical. 

what was your keyboard before so we have an idea of your destructive powers before we recommend things lol

It was a badly made membrane keyboard, from some very un-renowned company.

Lots of people saying k70. Ill check that one out.

Depends how much you're looking to spend really.

however, they come at a cost- and if you feel like you will hit things with it, then it may not be in your best interests to buy simply for economical reasons.

Thats the thing. I can't help to hit it sometimes. I get frustrated easily.

Maybe its just best to keep buying cheapo dell keyboards that do the job.

We tested the durability of one of our original mechanical keyboards (CM Storm Trigger) by running it over with a Lamborghini and a custom lifted truck that weighed roughly 8500 lbs / 3855 kgs.

All of our mechanical keyboards are built to last, but I really don't recommend smashing any of your peripherals, haha.

It was a badly made membrane keyboard, from some very un-renowned company.

Lots of people saying k70. Ill check that one out.

that isn't a bad option as it is plate mounted cherry switches so most forces would be put on a metal plate rather then the pcb. Also replacement keycaps can be bought for it and with some skill the switches can be removed and replaced if you manage to mess them up

I was going to say CM Storm, then I saw that @CM Nic posted. If you find blues too light, they have a decent amount of keyboards with green switches. They are very good because it requires more force to actually push them down. Some find the blues light. I personally like the greens over the blues.

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

I was going to say CM Storm, then I saw that @CM Nic posted. If you find blues too light, they have a decent amount of keyboards with green switches. They are very good because it requires more force to actually push them down. Some find the blues light. I personally like the greens over the blues.

Our mechanical keyboards have a fairly substantial steel plate as the base so they're very durable.

Greens are one of the few that need to be broken in over time. The initial usage period is a bit wonky for many, but they are quite pleasant after they've been broken in. I've used Red, Brown, Black, Green, and Blue switches so far. Brown switches are good for the uninitiated mechanical keyboard user, but they also occupy a nice middle ground.

Blue switches are good also, if you don't mind the clicky noise.

My DuckyShine 3 is a bit expensive, but really in terms of durability I don't think anything can really beat it in that regard.. It's built like an Abrams.... It's also a really nice keyboard besides just the durability part too.

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society