new build...maybe?

so my 10 year old brother got 150 dollars for his birthday and the first thing he asked was if I could build a computer for him, of course theres a problem with that because that isn't a very big budget but that is doable to a certain extent. The only problem is he wants it to run fortnite, which is not the easiest game in the world to run.
Now I thought I could do this no problem, just scrounge around ebay, amazon, and facebook marketplace for a bit to find some good deals. It has been a week of looking and I have found a few good deals but nothing I could put together in a system due to compatibility issues. The graphics card is already taken care of because I upgraded from my RX 570 to a 2070 not too long ago and I was going to gift it to a family member in whatever the next build they gave me was, so this will do. I have a small inventory of PC parts, the only problem is most of them suck/are incompatible. The best CPU I have on hand stil is a i3-540, which isn't the greatest thing in the world obviously (and lga 1156 motherboards are annoyingly overpriced)
So far I have the gpu down and thats it, came here to look for some suggestions
Edit: I also have a 2Tb WD blue and a 450w EVGA PSU which will do for most systems, also cables and peripherals and thermal paste is all good as well.

Edit2: scratch that, the 570 has both fans dead, would probably be cheaper to just get a 970 or somethng else like that.

Might want to look into what it might cost to replace just the fans or cooler on that 570, would probably save you some dough. 

You're on the right track for building the PC cheap. I've been working on a budget i7-3770k machine($200) for about 6 months after I finished my 4770k rig for under 500. It takes a lot of time but setting up notifications on craigslist, ebay, and facebook is a must. And make offers when you can, I got my 4770k machine for 300 before I added some things, when it was listed at 550 but had been posted for ages. 

Ryzen 9 3950x - 64 GB DDR4 - NVME 980 pro SSD - EVGA RTX 3080 FTW Ultra - FAD CASE

Full custom loop / links below out of date

LTT Build Log | PCPP Build Log

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry if I stop responding, I've probably gotten busy as I mostly am only on here while working.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

56 minutes ago, jeffmeyer5295 said:

Might want to look into what it might cost to replace just the fans or cooler on that 570, would probably save you some dough. 

You're on the right track for building the PC cheap. I've been working on a budget i7-3770k machine($200) for about 6 months after I finished my 4770k rig for under 500. It takes a lot of time but setting up notifications on craigslist, ebay, and facebook is a must. And make offers when you can, I got my 4770k machine for 300 before I added some things, when it was listed at 550 but had been posted for ages. 

even if it would save some money, I am not the best at fixing those kinds of things and if the fans were to fail again while it was in use that could end up killing the card entirely.

6 minutes ago, BootyDustBandit said:

even if it would save some money, I am not the best at fixing those kinds of things and if the fans were to fail again while it was in use that could end up killing the card entirely.

Well in a sense if you don't replace the fans the card is already dead ey? 

In all seriousness, replacing the fans on some cards is just simply unplugging and re-plugging in new fans after taking off the cooler, some thermal paste and patience and you're good. 

Either way I completely understand. Just figured I'd recommend it, I replaced some fans on an old 680 back in the day, only cost like 20 bucks and brought the card back to life.

Ryzen 9 3950x - 64 GB DDR4 - NVME 980 pro SSD - EVGA RTX 3080 FTW Ultra - FAD CASE

Full custom loop / links below out of date

LTT Build Log | PCPP Build Log

Sorry if I stop responding, I've probably gotten busy as I mostly am only on here while working.

1 minute ago, jeffmeyer5295 said:

Well in a sense if you don't replace the fans the card is already dead ey? 

In all seriousness, replacing the fans on some cards is just simply unplugging and re-plugging in new fans after taking off the cooler, some thermal paste and patience and you're good. 

Either way I completely understand. Just figured I'd recommend it, I replaced some fans on an old 680 back in the day, only cost like 20 bucks and brought the card back to life.

hmm, i'll look into it.