Logitech z313 Speaker Issue

Hi!

I recently bought a Logitech z313 speakers because I need a speaker system for my mini work station at home. I did all the research and watched reviews about and was totally convinced of its value given at its price point.

However, upon purchase my unit only has audio playing from the left speaker. I connected all the ports to their respective slots and even tried a different wall outlet but still the same result. The speaker system is connected to my laptop's 3.5mm combo jack, i tried plugging it to my smartphone and the same thing still happens. Bass is playing, audio from the left speaker is playing but the right speaker is quiet. Nothing at all. The weird thing is if i plug-unplug the 3.5mm jack to my laptop sometimes it works but most of the time it doesnt, like 3% of the time left and right speaker is playing audio and 97% of the time only the left speaker is working.

Anyone else has encountered this issue? 

Thank you and Good Day!

Are u sure the jack is all the way in. Somtimes new jacks can be VERY tight and feel like they are all the way in when they are not, resulting in a loss of a channel.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

On 1/15/2019 at 3:36 AM, SolarNova said:

Are u sure the jack is all the way in. Somtimes new jacks can be VERY tight and feel like they are all the way in when they are not, resulting in a loss of a channel.

Yes, sometimes even if i dont move the wires and jack it plays sound.

if you can wiggle or as you slide it out all the speakers work its one of 2 things...your jack on the laptop is bad...or the jack for the speakers is bad.
plug in something else (like headphones) and see if they work correctly....if they do its most likely the speakers jack thats bad. but then you can take the speakers and try connecting them to something else and see if they work there also
laptops usually have a multi jack...it could be the jack on the speakers isnt lining up correctly

On 1/18/2019 at 4:37 AM, circeseye said:

if you can wiggle or as you slide it out all the speakers work its one of 2 things...your jack on the laptop is bad...or the jack for the speakers is bad.
plug in something else (like headphones) and see if they work correctly....if they do its most likely the speakers jack thats bad. but then you can take the speakers and try connecting them to something else and see if they work there also
laptops usually have a multi jack...it could be the jack on the speakers isnt lining up correctly

With all the troubleshooting I did, I came to the conclusion that the subwoofer/amplifier is the problem. 

• 2 years later...

My Z313 is acting the same. Did you ever resolve the issue?  I am pretty sure it is a loose connection inside the subwoofer so I am get ready to dismantle it and poke around. I do not have high hopes of fixing, so any insights would be appreciated.