980 GTX Max Digital Resolution? (No Surround)

Rhaom

Hello,

I am looking into the possibility of running a triple monitor setup off my 980 GTX but it has a max digital resolution of 4096 x 2160, this falls short of 3x 1080p monitors which would be 5960 x 1080.

I read on another forum (which has confused me somewhat) that the MDR only matters if you run in surround and not if you run them as individual monitors

My current setup is:

• 1x 32" 1440p
  • 1x 27" 1080p

My plan would be to buy a 3rd 27" 1080p monitor and extend the display across all 3 monitors (not with surround, just the default windows option) and I am somewhat confused as to how this does not matter because it still equals a total resolution that is greater than 5960 x 1080

IIRC max display resolution refers to the individual output ports, not the max total for the card.  So if you have 4 ports you can run 4 monitors no problem, but they will be limited by the connector type. (i.e display port, HDMI, DVI-D)  980 has 3x DP so you won't have any issues.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

2 hours ago, sgloux3470 said:

IIRC max display resolution refers to the individual output ports, not the max total for the card.  So if you have 4 ports you can run 4 monitors no problem, but they will be limited by the connector type. (i.e display port, HDMI, DVI-D)  980 has 3x DP so you won't have any issues.

U can only run 3 displays off of 1 card if I remember correctly 

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper