G-Sync Free

EchoBlue

It is good news that finally, Nvidia has opened up on V-Sync their G Sync to work on Freesync monitors soon.

That begs the question...

What do you get for buying a G-Sync Monitor now? Still expensive to buy than a Freesync monitor... 

Is Nvidia also just going to go with the flow side by side with AMD and make G Sync free too? 

No more G-Sync VS FreeSync war?

I think the only real benefit of g-sync purchases post-driver release is the fact that it'll work better with the nvidia cards. 

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

It's funny because I bought a G-Sync monitor at Christmas.

Anyway, G-Sync has always worked better than Adaptive Sync (or FreeSync). There's less latency (if that's something you care about) and there's no risk of the flickering. Lots of FreeSync capable monitors don't really work that well. Unlike G-Sync, they weren't required to pass any kind of inspection. That's not to say that every FreeSync monitor is bad, just that it varies.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

7 hours ago, mxk. said:

I think the only real benefit of g-sync purchases post-driver release is the fact that it'll work better with the nvidia cards. 

How? I was told that Freesync and G-Sync are the same thing just different naming/branding

7 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

It's funny because I bought a G-Sync monitor at Christmas.

Anyway, G-Sync has always worked better than Adaptive Sync (or FreeSync). There's less latency (if that's something you care about) and there's no risk of the flickering. Lots of FreeSync capable monitors don't really work that well. Unlike G-Sync, they weren't required to pass any kind of inspection. That's not to say that every FreeSync monitor is bad, just that it varies.

How?

1 minute ago, EchoBlue said:

How? I was told that Freesync and G-Sync are the same thing just different naming/branding

You've been told wrong. The two things that are more similar are Freesync and G-sync.

I actually forgot to mention that G-sync has HDR support and I believe there was another benefit over freesync but I can't remember off the top of my head.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

Just now, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

will these features get unlocked on old gtx cards or just new RTX cards?

They said 1000 series and 2000 series Anything older nope. 

12 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

Crazy video. 

What about Freesync 2

2 minutes ago, EchoBlue said:

Crazy video. 

What about Freesync 2 

It still works the same as FreeSync (as in it doesn't have special hardware built into the monitor like G-Sync), but it's actually validated by AMD to work. It also supports a form of HDR. I've never seen a FreeSync 2 monitor in action myself so I don't know how it holds up.

I can say that G-Sync is great when it works. I play lots of older games though, and I've found it's a hassle to set up. Lots of older games try to force V-Sync on, which conflicts with it.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440