"Reverse" Intake Fans

anthonyc813

As far as i know, they don't make them...which is a problem.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

2 minutes ago, anthonyc813 said:

Hellos,

Does anyone make "reverse" 120 fans? Meaning the nicer side is facing out. No arm bars or wires.

Most recent thing google has is an article from 2012... 

Thanks in advance!

There are a handful of manufacturers out there, Deepcool being one of them, that makes "borderless" fans with only a crossbar in back to support the motor, and the rest of the fan exposed. I think that's about as close as it gets.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Just now, aisle9 said:

There are a handful of manufacturers out there, Deepcool being one of them, that makes "borderless" fans with only a crossbar in back to support the motor, and the rest of the fan exposed. I think that's about as close as it gets.

Oh cool I will google that. Thank you!

1 minute ago, aisle9 said:

YIKES!! lol

image.png.58041bcf5a0c5068239e9d7d5913dbd1.png

1 minute ago, anthonyc813 said:

YIKES!! lol

They demo'd some cheaper ones at CES. "Cheaper" meaning something like $25/fan instead of $30+. I'm pretty sure there are some "Amazon special" fan OEMs out there doing cheaper, non-LED versions of the same basic concept.

2 minutes ago, Konrad_K said:

Deepcool makes something similar to what you mentioned: 

http://www.gamerstorm.com/product/CASEFAN/2018-02/1289_7712.shtml

Those look real cool too man. Would look nice at the bottom of a O11. Ill troll ces videos to see what the cheaper one slook like. 30.00 is fine.. thank you @aisle9 

54 minutes ago, anthonyc813 said:

Those look real cool too man. Would look nice at the bottom of a O11. Ill troll ces videos to see what the cheaper one slook like. 30.00 is fine.. thank you @aisle9 

I think Timmy Joe had the Deepcool coverage and talked about the cheaper ones a bit. They look pretty much the same, just minus the RGB and with a solid color LED instead.

4 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

I think Timmy Joe had the Deepcool coverage and talked about the cheaper ones a bit. They look pretty much the same, just minus the RGB and with a solid color LED instead.

Ugh this guy. lol thanks Ill check it out

Just now, anthonyc813 said:

Ugh this guy. lol thanks Ill check it out

I like Timmy Joe. He's loud, off the wall and not for everyone, but his content is solid and more real-world than the big tech channels that like to say they don't cover midgrade parts because midgrade parts are "boring".

1 minute ago, aisle9 said:

I like Timmy Joe. He's loud, off the wall and not for everyone, but his content is solid and more real-world than the big tech channels that like to say they don't cover midgrade parts because midgrade parts are "boring".

Thank you man. These look great! image.png.7ff5a625bf10008fcef15814bd093b87.png

1 minute ago, anthonyc813 said:

Thank you man. These look great! image.png.7ff5a625bf10008fcef15814bd093b87.png

Yeah, I don't think I'd use them on a radiator because of static pressure concerns, but as basic intake fans, they look great. You could even mount them outside the case as an exhaust, then bet people a dollar to stick their finger in there.

6 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Yeah, I don't think I'd use them on a radiator because of static pressure concerns, but as basic intake fans, they look great. You could even mount them outside the case as an exhaust, then bet people a dollar to stick their finger in there.

Dude I have a cat taht temps fate all the time. Her eye whiskers are singed cause she sticks her face in a candle like a rere. Sometimes I smell burning hair as she walks by. I cant lol.

One day I will AFK during a boss fight because my WILL be on fire. I can feel it!