B450 motherboard recommendations

Steven1968

Hi All,

Seam to be spoilt for choice with the amount of boards for sale at the moment. Most of them get good reviews, But I value the opinion of this community more.

Due to a very limited budget I have decided  that my best option would be a 2200g processor and 8 gig of ram (2 x 4gb). Would prefer a board with 4 memory slots so i can add another 8 gig in the future.

I am in the UK and looking at about £95 max.

It will be for general use and the occasional game (offline mostly). will be adding something like a RX570 but that's a long way of at the moment.

Thanks in advance 

Steve

2 minutes ago, Steven1968 said:

Hi All,

Seam to be spoilt for choice with the amount of boards for sale at the moment. Most of them get good reviews, But I value the opinion of this community more.

Due to a very limited budget I have decided  that my best option would be a 2200g processor and 8 gig of ram (2 x 4gb). Would prefer a board with 4 memory slots so i can add another 8 gig in the future.

It will be for general use and the occasional game (offline mostly). will be adding something like a RX570 but that's a long way of at the moment.

Thanks in advance 

Steve

If you only ever plan on using that cpu then any board would handle it. 

I hope to be in a lot better position by the end of the year so want a solid base for future upgrades possibly a 2600 or a zen2 chip. 

Its worth maxing out my limited budget now so im in a better position for the future 

1 minute ago, Steven1968 said:

I hope to be in a lot better position by the end of next year so want a solid base for future upgrades possibly a 2600 or a zen2 chip. 

Its worth maxing out my limited budget now so im in a better position for the future 

An MSI B450 Tomahawk would be a good option if you plan on upgrading to an R5 2600. Not sure on Ryzen 3rd gen until we see reviews etc but this board would do ok with an R7 2700 just to give you an idea. As long as you don't want anything higher than an 8 core then you will be fine.

MSI B450 Tomahawk and ASRock Fatal1ty B450 are both good choices. 

1 hour ago, Steven1968 said:

Hi All,

Thanks in advance 

Steve

MSI b450 TOMAHAWK is an excellent motherboard. almost every website i go to has top ratings. 

I just did a similar-ish build to what you're describing. I went with a gigabyte b450 aorus pro wifi board. Was going to go with an Asus ROG Strix B450-F but decided against it as it was the same cost with less useful (to me) features. Aorus board had  built in Wifi and, when using a sata m.2 ssd you only loose 1 sata port not 2. ROG board has a displayport and PS2 port however if you needed either.

~~~~Started Folding - Feb 7, 2019~~~~