Any vega 64 updatwe?

Wondering if there have been any improvements in OC or UV since AMD released those drivers that completely unlocked all the p states and voltage etc... Other than the driver release day articles I haven't read or seen any videos where the new unlocked things helped in oc or uv?  Anyone with first hand experience or who actually saw an article about it?

1 minute ago, Firewrath9 said:

https://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/3382-rtx-2070-versus-power-modded-vega-56

A vega 56 with power mods can beat the 2070 OC,

I dont see any reason why a vega 64 cant.

I've seen somone get a 1800mhz vega FE on water, no LN2, but he did do shunt mods, etc.

I saw that and it was awesome! but I'm talking something more tame just using basic software, not doing registry workarounds. I mean a 2070 is just a fancy 1080, so a vega 64 oc from before the driver unlocks should be close ( not counting dlss or rtx cores). Really looking if the new unlocked stuff in wattman help get better ocs or uvs or if should just stick too the tried n true +50% power limit, undervolt p6 and p7, oc p6 and p7, oc hbm.  Or is there a benefit to messing with the different p states?

11 minutes ago, ChaseDown said:

I saw that and it was awesome! but I'm talking something more tame just using basic software, not doing registry workarounds. I mean a 2070 is just a fancy 1080, so a vega 64 oc from before the driver unlocks should be close ( not counting dlss or rtx cores). Really looking if the new unlocked stuff in wattman help get better ocs or uvs or if should just stick too the tried n true +50% power limit, undervolt p6 and p7, oc p6 and p7, oc hbm.  Or is there a benefit to messing with the different p states?

If you have the cooling, +50% power limit, and bump up the clock. Neved overclocked on vega, but thats generally how overclocking works. mabye overvolt a  bit to like 1.25v, from the defualt 1.2v.

Overclocking/Undervolting Vega is a pretty easy these days honestly.  The provided Wattman software seems to do the trick for me just fine.