Power Supply Question

Dustin96

I'm trying to pick a new power supply and this one looks good for what I need:

https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=100-N1-0650-L1

but the CPU connector is a 8pin (4+4) those are two 4 pins that get plugged in side by side correct?

the image looks almost like its an 8pin so just want to make sure I've got everything I need because my CPU just needs a 4pin

The 4+4 pins are made so they can join together if they're used into an 8pin power socket. But of course you can seperate them, thats why they're called 4+4. You'd end up with one 4pin connector dangling loose though. Perhaps you should look into getting a more modular model.

5 minutes ago, Mayushii said:

The 4+4 pins are made so they can join together if they're used into an 8pin power socket. But of course you can seperate them, thats why they're called 4+4. You'd end up with one 4pin connector dangling loose though. Perhaps you should look into getting a more modular model.

2 hours ago, Dustin96 said:

I'm trying to pick a new power supply and this one looks good for what I need:

https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=100-N1-0650-L1

That PSU is garbage.

Why 650W?
And what other options?!
What does it power??

To be blunt: If you need 650W, you have the money for a high end Platinum one as the hardware needed for that is liker 1500€ for CPU, Board and GPU.

If you don't have the money for that, then you're probably fine with 400-550W and should get a higher QUALITY unit. Higher Wattage/Lower Quality units like the EVGA N1 are total nonsense.

2 hours ago, Dustin96 said:

but the CPU connector is a 8pin (4+4) those are two 4 pins that get plugged in side by side correct?

the image looks almost like its an 8pin so just want to make sure I've got everything I need because my CPU just needs a 4pin

Yes

But you must not get the PSU anyway...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"