Monoprice GS28UR

ThePotatoMan1248

Alright i got this monitor for Christmas and i can't find any info about it. So. It's a new monitor so i would assume its would be full rgb right. Switching between the 2 on my pc looks no different at all. My Nintendo switch though on auto goes to limited. But i thought monitors especially new ones are full. And its supposedly 10bit as well. Black level png test image had to set my black level to 64 default is 57 and it looks the same on limited and full RGB. What are the best settings for my PC console and monitor this one is really confusing because it has a lot of certifications that make no sense. Black level is a 1 to 100 setting.

20190101_011209.jpg

20181225_110450.jpg

I hopefully will be able to post pictures of the settings later my question is what are the best settings for my monitor and my devices

What are the best settings for my monitor. Should i use full rgb? My switch conected to it goes to limited but i thought pc monitors use full rgb. I do the black test png and i have to turn black level to 66 for both Limited and full rgb. I have tried many times using the tools online try to calibrate my monitor but I'm so bad at it that end up making it worse. What are the best quick settings and should i use full or limited rgb?

20190109_225924.jpg

20190101_011149.jpg

20181225_110450.jpg

• 3 years later...

Hello Sir,

If you still actively watching this blogpost. Please share your details.  I am having same monitor and not able to reset .  Would you mind to help me to reset with factory default setting so I can use the monitor.   By changing HDR settings of the monitor lost complete control.

Thank you for your quick response.