Programming for photogrammetry

Kamjam66xx

Hello, anyone know a good resource to learn the basics programming for photogrammetry? I want to make my own program to do photogrammetry, i know its closely related to computer vision, sonar, etc. But i cant seem to find any good source to learn anything indepth on it specifically.

Im interested in ANY free resources on learning related stuff too. 

EDIT : I can learn openCV but what i really want is to be able to write the heart of everything in c++ mostly, completely on my own. 

3 hours ago, Kamjam66xx said:

Im interested in ANY free resources on learning related stuff too. 

So far this is the only good collection of free resources that I can find that involve discussions about how to write your own software: https://foto.aalto.fi/seura/julkaisut/pjf/pjf_e/pjf_e.html

From what I can gather a standard flow would be to do some edge detection, find distances between the edges, and then fuse that with physical measurement data to produce results like "feet" or "inches" instead of "pixels". That last step might take the form of taking two images of the same area, with known distance apart and distance from the surface of the image, or maybe taking a lidar point field and mapping that to points in the image. Of course, the more accurate you want to be, the more difficult both of those tasks become, both in finding good input, and in writing good edge detection and fusion algorithms.

Seems like a quite interesting field.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

35 minutes ago, straight_stewie said:

Wow thats awesome, thanks!

Yeah i used photogrammetry(user side) to create 3D models for 3D motion visual effects when i did media production. So it really peaked my interest into this niche of the software engineering world.

This is where my interest started years ago, and kindof representative of what i want to make.

http://ccwu.me/vsfm/