What Does This Mean? My brother got this problem on his computer

My brother has a Lenovo Legion Y530 and when he boots his computer up this shows up(picture below). Can someone explain what this means? Is there like a dead hard drive or something of that nature?

20190108_171419.jpg

2 minutes ago, emosun said:

looks like its trying to boot from the network

Yep it's trying to boot from a network device

10 minutes ago, Iron_Aspect 1 said:

My brother has a Lenovo Legion Y530 and when he boots his computer up this shows up(picture below). Can someone explain what this means? Is there like a dead hard drive or something of that nature?

Have the go into the BIOS and turn network pxe booting off in the boot menu section or move the boot order around so their hard drive/SSD is the first option to boot from and he should be golden, unless his storage drive is borked anyway...

It may be trying to boot from the network because it can not find the internal drive, likely due to some sort of drive failure or improper configuration.

2 hours ago, KarathKasun said:

It may be trying to boot from the network because it can not find the internal drive, likely due to some sort of drive failure or improper configuration.

Hey! So this is Iron_Aspect’s brother and my computer is not functioning the same way as before. Let’s just say my parents got mad at me for playing too much so they hit my computer 3 times very hard which causes my screen to shut. I had Fortnite, discord, and chrome open and didn’t get to close or force close it. It happened on January 1st. I’m STILL getting this message and got my computer back to use yesterday on the 7th. I’m just telling you this because I think it has to do with hitting my computer. 

4 minutes ago, Iron_Aspect said:

Hey! So this is Iron_Aspect’s brother and my computer is not functioning the same way as before. Let’s just say my parents got mad at me for playing too much so they hit my computer 3 times very hard which causes my screen to shut. I had Fortnite, discord, and chrome open and didn’t get to close or force close it. It happened on January 1st. I’m STILL getting this message and got my computer back to use yesterday on the 7th. I’m just telling you this because I think it has to do with hitting my computer. 

By “this message” I mean the picture he sent