Help with new pc

Legomanaj

I just had built a pc. I got everything put where it needs to go, plugged in necessary cables for the motherboard, graphics card and ssd. Plugged it into the wall to power it on and it does an electronic buzz then does nothing. What did I do wrong, or is the psu dead? it only makes the buzz whenever the power button is hit, don't know it that matters

Ryzen 2600, b450i mobo, rx 580, 250gb ssd, viper ddr4-3000mhz, photon 550 psu. I have not tried that yet.

Did you put in the motherboard standoffs? Had a friend years ago that killed 3k in hardware doing that and it made a crazy electrical hum when you powered it on

Checked all cables, they are plugged in. Could something be doa?

Just now, anoor9000 said:

The PSU is flipped on right?

Yes, psu is on.

Just now, Billy Pilgrim said:

Does your motherboard have any debug lights?

Yes it does

13 minutes ago, Legomanaj said:

Yes, psu is on.

Yes it does

do they turn on?

Sounds like a classic case of coil whine & capacitor hum. Those Rosewill PSUs are not the most well built units on the market. Before damaging your hardware, I'd replace it ASAP with one from Seasonic, EVGA, or Corsair.

2 minutes ago, MagnesiumPC said:

Sounds like a classic case of coil whine & capacitor hum. Those Rosewill PSUs are not the most well built units on the market. Before damaging your hardware, I'd replace it ASAP with one from Seasonic, EVGA, or Corsair.

I've heard coil whine, this aint it

44 minutes ago, Legomanaj said:

I just had built a pc. I got everything put where it needs to go, plugged in necessary cables for the motherboard, graphics card and ssd. Plugged it into the wall to power it on and it does an electronic buzz then does nothing. What did I do wrong, or is the psu dead? it only makes the buzz whenever the power button is hit, don't know it that matters

I would get a new PSU.

Just now, Legomanaj said:

I've heard coil whine, this aint it

Well, either way, something is wrong with your PSU and could destroy all of the your hardware.  It seems other folks have had similar issues & Johnny GURU gave the higher spec 750 model a 7.5 on build quality. These Rosewill PSUs are not well built. They were the in-house importer brand of Newegg for a really long time and it shows.

48 minutes ago, Legomanaj said:

And also don't try to start your computer with that PSU anymore as it could fry any computer components connected to it.

1 minute ago, dray32 said:

And also don't try to start your computer with that PSU anymore as it could fry any computer components connected to it.

Before you said that I unplugged everything but mobo/cpu, and gpu and it booted into the bios

1 minute ago, Legomanaj said:

Before you said that I unplugged everything but mobo/cpu, and gpu and it booted into the bios

Maybe an issue with one of the components?

Just now, dray32 said:

Maybe an issue with one of the components?

No clue, gonna put everything back together and see if it works

Just now, Legomanaj said:

No clue, gonna put everything back together and see if it works

Great, just plug things in and figure out what the problem is.