CPU dying?

Recently ive been getting crashes and freezes , my cpu has been running 4.5Ghz at 1.42 Volts for 5 years no problem, recently it has been freezing during games and under heavy loads. Video rendering ect. Is the cpu finally on its last legs or is it something I can fix , ive already tried giving it more volts and ran memtest and tested the psu and all other parts , everything else is spot on 

cpu is an i7 2700k 

ps temps are all good too 

CPU 5900x| GPU 3080ti FE| MOBO MSI MPG CARBON MAX| RAM 32GB VENGENCE PRO 3200Mhz| STORAGE Samsung 980 Pro 1TB,2X WDSN750,4TB Seagate Barracuda| COOLING 1x Corsair 360mm XR7 54mm Radiator,1x EK-CoolStream PE 360mm Radiator| GPU Block: Corsair Hydro X Series, XG7 RGB| CPU Block: Corsair Hydro X Series, XC5 RGB| Fittings: EK-Torque STC & Corsair Hydro X Series XF| Pump/Res: EK-Quantum Kinetic TBE 300 D5| Tubing: Corsair Hydro X Series XT Softline| Liquid: Corsair Hydro X Series XL5 Clear| Fans: 10x Corsair SP120 RGB

I would not personally be comfortable running above 1.35 volts for an everyday OC, but I suppose 5 years is a good lifespan

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

12 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

5 years is a good lifespan

Yep, for an OC with that high of a voltage, 5 yrs is pretty suspect. Completely agree.

16 minutes ago, airdeano said:

remove the overclock and retest.

Runs fine without the oc , just weird after 5 years its having issues, kinda need the oc to keep up with my gfx cards the cpu is old now and starting to show its age clocked at 4.5ghz , think its time to upgrade

13 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

I would not personally be comfortable running above 1.35 volts for an everyday OC, but I suppose 5 years is a good lifespan

Its done well haha 

CPU 5900x| GPU 3080ti FE| MOBO MSI MPG CARBON MAX| RAM 32GB VENGENCE PRO 3200Mhz| STORAGE Samsung 980 Pro 1TB,2X WDSN750,4TB Seagate Barracuda| COOLING 1x Corsair 360mm XR7 54mm Radiator,1x EK-CoolStream PE 360mm Radiator| GPU Block: Corsair Hydro X Series, XG7 RGB| CPU Block: Corsair Hydro X Series, XC5 RGB| Fittings: EK-Torque STC & Corsair Hydro X Series XF| Pump/Res: EK-Quantum Kinetic TBE 300 D5| Tubing: Corsair Hydro X Series XT Softline| Liquid: Corsair Hydro X Series XL5 Clear| Fans: 10x Corsair SP120 RGB

sandy bridge was exceptional in voltage used, but when ivy came out the 1.35 rule was pretty much forced (bad TIM and not soldered).

but now at over 7-years their starting to show the effects of high voltage. it was a good run while it lasted.

1 minute ago, Lewiscool45 said:

Runs fine without the oc , just weird after 5 years its having issues, kinda need the oc to keep up with my gfx cards the cpu is old now and starting to show its age clocked at 4.5ghz , think its time to upgrade

A 3770k with a delid might be fun, something to consider.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, airdeano said:

sandy bridge was exceptional in voltage used, but when ivy came out the 1.35 rule was pretty much forced (bad TIM and not soldered).

but now at over 7-years their starting to show the effects of high voltage. it was a good run while it lasted.

Thanks for the help , looks like its time to upgrade to maybe 8700k/9700k

5 minutes ago, airdeano said:

ooo you get to choose a new platform.. good luck.

Worth the money bought my 1155 platform back in 2012 its done me well 

11 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

A 3770k with a delid might be fun, something to consider.

Its a possibility , cheap enough cpu that if i mess it up delidding i wouldnt be too sad , mines currently lapped atm so I would be doing that too , do they overclock well?

7 minutes ago, Lewiscool45 said:

Its a possibility , cheap enough cpu that if i mess it up delidding i wouldnt be too sad , mines currently lapped atm so I would be doing that too , do they overclock well?

They overclock decently, obviously there are the microarchitecture improvements so it helps, the main drawbacks of the 3rd gen was the lack of solder so rectifying that yourself is pretty good.

Primary PC:

3 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

They overclock decently, obviously there are the microarchitecture improvements so it helps, the main drawbacks of the 3rd gen was the lack of solder so rectifying that yourself is pretty good.

Cheets for the help gonna have a look for one