Cleaning my psu

Mohsen

Would there be a way to clean out my psu?

It has A LOT of dust in it and it's making  a hell of alot of noise

So would there be a proper way to clean it without damaging the psu in any way?

Block the fan with something so it can't spin and put some air through it.

Edit: If it's making noise after the cleaning, it might be time for a new one. Noise usually indicates it's failing.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

Only thing I can think of is a can of air....I would not  open it!!

CPU Ryzen 5 Asrock B350 Pro 4 / MSI RX580 Gaming / RAM 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance 3000 / HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda / SSD Samsung 840 120GB / 500GB Samsung SSD / Case Urban S31 / PSU EVGA G2 750w / Os Windows 10 / Keyboard Corsair K70 / Mouse Razer Naga 2013 (Won it from Linus!!

Use a can of air with short bursts, before you could doing this you should open the PSU and then wipe the bigger parts of dust. If you don't want to open the PSU up then just stop the fans the have short bursts of air with can.

Quote me to get a reply!

Use a can of air with short bursts, before you could doing this you should open the PSU and then wipe the bigger parts of dust. If you don't want to open the PSU up then just stop the fans the have short bursts of air with can.

DO NOT open a power supply.

Its stupidly dangerous, and really isnt worth it. Just blast it with an air compressor or canned air if you dont have a compressor. Ive used a 300bar diving bottle in the past and it works fine.  Make sure the fan wont spin though, as it generates electricity when it spins.

So since i dont have a compressed air can can i just use a straw and blow as hard as i can right through it?

I use a  electric air mattress pump stronger than can air and don't run out of air... What i do is hold the fan and from the out side of the case i blow the dust up from the back of the power supply through the  top of the power supply. But this is why you should clean your pc often.

Case: Corsair white 600T | Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 | CPU: intel i5-357OK oc to 4.3 | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i | Graphics Card: Evga 660 Ti FTW signature 2 | Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GBPower supply: ModXstream-pro 600W | SSD: Samsung 840 Series | Keyboard: Corsair K70Mouse: Corsair M65 | MonitorAsus VS228H-P 22-inch | 2nd Monitor:  Viewsonic 22 inch-LED 3rd Monitor: LG 32 inch tv | Mic: audio-technica AT2020 USB | Headset 1:  Audio technica ATH-M50s | Headset 2: Corsair Vengeance 2000.

So since i dont have a compressed air can can i just use a straw and blow as hard as i can right through it?

Nope, you can get saliva on it and you really wouldn't want to short something out that's running at 110-230V

Buy the canned air, a small one costs like $8-10 and you can use it for your whole PC