Rx 570 not working properly

My friend is having a problem with his RX 570. I don't know what to do since I have never used an AMD card in one of my builds. He tries to play a game but the frames are lower than when he first built his PC (A week ago). Now the card isn't getting past 50 FPS in Fortnite at the same settings he used which got 100-150 FPS before the problem. The only way to fix it (temporarily) is to shut off the power supply and turn back on and to remove it from the slot and plug it back in. Sometimes that still doesn't fix it.

He has tried all of these

-Testing a second PSU

-Overclocking his RAM

-Overclocking the RX 570

-Switching the RAM slots

These are the things he did right before the problem

-Install Fraps

-Play Subnautica for the first time

Specs

-Ryzen 3 1200

-2x4 G.Skill Ripjaws V 2400 MHz (Now OC to 2666) Dual Chanel

-This RX 570 (https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125966&Description=gigabyte%20rx%20570&cm_re=gigabyte_rx_570-_-14-125-966-_-Product)

-ASRock A320M PRO4 Mobo

please help!

Also he has rolled back drivers and booted in safe mode and reinstall the same drivers only for it to do it again. 

ive frequently seems issues like this on the forums.

common trend is that that ram is not fast enough

CPU AMD 5800x_____Asus Crosshair VIII_____Asus Strix LC 360_____RAM Corsair Dominator Pro 2x8Gb 3600mhz_____ASUS RTX 3080 Strix

PSU Corsair HX1000w_____CASE Lian Li 011 Dynamic (original choice right? w/9 UNI Fans)_____Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma_____Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma_____Headphones Bose QC25_____Monitor (1) Acer Predator XB1 144hz G-Sync  (2) Benq 144hz G-Sync

Microphone Blue Yeti Black

Razer Blade 14

Also an XBOX one s.

Is fortnite the only game that this happens with? Might be fortnite

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, fasauceome said:

Is fortnite the only game that this happens with? Might be fortnite

no its other games like subnatica, CSGO, call of duty etc.

5 minutes ago, jpineapple2 said:

no its other games like subnatica, CSGO, call of duty etc.

If he played subnautica for the first time then how was there an fps drop?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

12 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

If he played subnautica for the first time then how was there an fps drop?

Because whenever you turn the pc off, and turn back on the gpu doesn't seem to work anymore