How do you remove dis

Mentos

How do you remove the fan on the pure rock slim?

image.jpg

You see that shiny metal thing that sticks out the side of the fan? You have to pull it, so it detaches from the cooler. Mind the cable - attached to the Motherboard. Good luck! Don't use too much force :) 

1 minute ago, Light-Yagami said:

You see that shiny metal thing that sticks out the side of the fan? You have to pull it, so it detaches from the cooler. Mind the cable - attached to the Motherboard. Good luck! Don't use too much force :) 

I know, the fan is disconnected from the mb already. But the fan doesnt come off, in which way do i pull the metal thing? Its not really moving

1 minute ago, Mentos said:

I know, the fan is disconnected from the mb already. But the fan doesnt come off, in which way do i pull the metal thing? Its not really moving

I think you have to pull it parallel to the cooler, away from the fan. It has to be attached to something right?

1 minute ago, Light-Yagami said:

I think you have to pull it parallel to the cooler, away from the fan. It has to be attached to something right?

I mean, its attached to the heatsink and the fan, but when i try to pull it out and ghen outwards it wont let me

image.jpg

On 1/5/2019 at 7:49 AM, Mentos said:

I mean, its attached to the heatsink and the fan, but when i try to pull it out and ghen outwards it wont let me

This guy does exactly as I told you to do at around 3:30 mark. I'm done here. Good luck :) 

That clip made from bent wire hooks onto the heatsink fins. You have to push the exposed part of it away from the fan.

The easiest way would probably include removing the GPU so you can get your hand in there. Push the wire with your thumb and push on the back of the heatsink with the rest of your hand. It requires quite a bit of pressure.

Unhooking the bottom one should make the top one easier to unhook, because getting your hand there is more difficult.

PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Idobao x YMDK ID75 with Outemu Silent Grey Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett
Phone: Sony Xperia 5 II

Literally push this flappy wire bit towards the middle of the heatsink (see arrow if you're still unsure), and then pull it away.... Its the same mechanism as on the DarkRock3 - a pretty good tool-less mechanism if imo

image.thumb.jpg.c40883788edaf0dc18365c684a145165.jpg

I'm pretty sure manual will also have informative pictures on how to do it. But with everything said in thread, you should already be able to do it.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I got it out yesterday, forgot to mark it, ty!