Pc will Not Fully boot. I think.

Hi everyone. First ever post on a forum lol. 

So my problem is that my computer for the past few months has been doing this thing where I can plug everything in power, display, ethernet, USB devices and such. And when I power it on all the fans spin up lights turn on hdd spins up cpu fan spins up, and everything seems fine and dandy. But I don't get any output to a monitor and short pressing the power button if it was per say stuck in the bios would normally immediately shut it down but it does nothing even if left for awhile and long pressing it is the only way to shut it down short of flipping the psu switch. 

Things I've done. 

I replaced mobo, switched out ram, reseated cpu and gpu, tried different USB ports and even tried not plugging anything in as iv had USB not let a system boot before. But alas no luck. I have a feeling it is most likely the gpu that's bad or needs repairs what have you. But currently don't have the ability to buy a new one. 

Mainly looking for troubleshooting tips that I may not have done yet or something I'm overlooking.  

Specs are 

Cpu, Amd fx 6300

Mobo, relatively new gigabyte board 

Gpu, evga ssc 960 

Ram, 16 GB cosair

Psu, evga 500 watt 80 plus 

Any help would greatly be appreciated 

Thanks in advance! 

Try a different PSU.

I've had systems where the PSU will die not completely, but enough to not power on a system beyond drives, fans, and lights.

If you can try a friend's unit, that's even better.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

@Crunchy Dragon

Never really thought about a psu only partially dying currently can't get to a different psu but will definitely try it as thats alot cheaper than a new gpu. Thank you for the help so far!! 

Just now, vetyatrez said:

@Crunchy Dragon

Never really thought about a psu only partially dying currently can't get to a different psu but will definitely try it as thats alot cheaper than a new gpu. Thank you for the help so far!! 

I'd recommend a Corsair CX550M, those are pretty good units and can usually be found for in the range of 50 USD.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!