[SOLVED] Broken TV Screen

MrDotTaco

Hello, my TV screen broke and I was wondering what I could do to replace the screen. Well, the screen isn't broken, like the display isn't broken but on the screen, it seems like if you spilled ink all over the screen and I was wondering if there was something I could do about it. I bought this tv about 5 years ago so it's out of warranty so yeah. 

IMG_7323.jpg

9 minutes ago, MrDotTaco said:

Hello, my TV screen broke and I was wondering what I could do to replace the screen. Well, the screen isn't broken, like the display isn't broken but on the screen, it seems like if you spilled ink all over the screen and I was wondering if there was something I could do about it. I bought this tv about 5 years ago so it's out of warranty so yeah. 

What did you do to it lol. Anyway, the display is broken as well. The "ink" you're saying are the internals of the display bleeding out, so there's nothing to be salvaged here. I think you will be better off just buying a new TV.

[Edit] If by display you mean the actual TV, sure it probably still takes inputs, but the main cost of a TV is the display itself, so my point still stands.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

1 minute ago, tikker said:

What did you do to it lol. Anyway, the display is broken as well. The "ink" you're saying are the internals of the display bleeding out, so there's nothing to be salvaged here. I think you will be better off just buying a new TV.

well, my little brother says it fell but I think he threw his controller at the screen because it just so happened that his controller broke around the same time the tv broke and well thanks for the advice. saves me some time 

1 minute ago, MrDotTaco said:

well, my little brother says it fell but I think he threw his controller at the screen because it just so happened that his controller broke around the same time the tv broke and well thanks for the advice. saves me some time 

Haha, yeah something definitely hit the screen with some force. Warranty most likely wouldn't have covered this either, since it'll be categorized as user damage (unless you receive it like this). As a benefit, you'll get to shop for a new TV though :P 

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB