RAM Kit Clarification

ep10
Go to solution Solved by Toshi_141,

Hello ep10.

Getting two of the same RAM kits will give you no problems.

Problems will arise if you use two different kits but the problems differ on a case to case basis.

Hope this helps.

I am a little confused about combining RAM kits so I was hoping I could get this clarified once and for all. I'm building a Threadripper rig and this system is going to be used for a lot of video editing. Going to be using Adobe Premiere Pro. Ideally, I'd like to get 64GB of RAM in this system and I was looking at GSkill's Trident Z RGB RAM for AMD.

There is only one model for a 64GB kit that comes in 4x16GB sticks for AMD and it runs at 2400Mhz

Unfortunately, if I want to get a higher speed of RAM i.e. 3200Mhz, the kit comes in a capacity of 32GB with 2x16GB sticks.

My question is, can I combine 2 identical ram kits with the same speed, same tested latency, and essentially identical in every aspect or will this cause any issues with the system build?

Hope I can get some help on this. Thanks guys.

Hello ep10.

Getting two of the same RAM kits will give you no problems.

Problems will arise if you use two different kits but the problems differ on a case to case basis.

Hope this helps.

Oh okay. Thank you so much for the clarification. I would never combine 2 different memory kits. That just doesn't make any logical sense.

This question was really bugging me though. Thank you very much.