Wrong RAM for Threadripper 1920x workstation?

Picked up a Threadripper 1920x and ddr4 16GB Vengeance LPX 2400 dual channel RAM a few months ago.

Went to pick up another set of the same ram but was told by the sales clerk that I was crippling my Threadripper by not using quad channel. 

The system has disappointed me since purchasing it in that I've experienced worse performance compared to my intel 4930k.

Just wondering if the sales person is correct in that I'm not using the correct ram for my system and 32GB quad channel would be a better purchase.

Cheers!

you should be using quad channel memmory to get the most out of the CPU. what tasks are you doing. it should be faster in most scenarios (with a few probable excemptions)

edit: also 2400mhz is quite slow, id look into manually overclocking it to 3000mhz

17 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

you should be using quad channel memmory to get the most out of the CPU. what tasks are you doing. it should be faster in most scenarios (with a few probable excemptions)

edit: also 2400mhz is quite slow, id look into manually overclocking it to 3000mhz

The set I have currently doesn't boot if I so much as change a single setting in the bios. Have to leave all settings on default or the PC doesn't post at all. Also it doesn't show up in the board's QVL which is worrying. 

1 minute ago, Saxm13 said:

The set I have currently doesn't boot if I so much as change a single setting in the bios. Have to leave all settings on default or the PC doesn't post at all. Also it doesn't show up in the board's QVL which is worrying. 

update BIOS, should improve the situation. 

also, doublecheck that you are using the right dimm slots. you need to have one stick on each channel.