Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Patch Panel Help

PenguinMaster
 Share

Keystone modules have a rectangular face of 14.5 mm wide by 16.0 mm high and are held in place with flexible tabs. With that being said, it is OK to use any keystone coupler that fits the other network requirements you may have as they are all compatible.

 

fs.com is a great source for parts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2019 at 2:56 PM, DubiousNerd said:

Keystone modules have a rectangular face of 14.5 mm wide by 16.0 mm high and are held in place with flexible tabs. With that being said, it is OK to use any keystone coupler that fits the other network requirements you may have as they are all compatible.

 

fs.com is a great source for parts.

Would I need Shielded Couplers, or will Un-Sheilded Work? 

If you need me to follow up on something, please quote or tag me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Chickenfans said:

Would I need Shielded Couplers, or will Un-Sheilded Work? 

Are you using shielded or un-shielded ethernet cable? I wouldn't get shielded couplers for non shielded cables.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, scottyseng said:

Are you using shielded or un-shielded ethernet cable? I wouldn't get shielded couplers for non shielded cables.

That was another question, should I get shielded or non-shielded cable, for IN-WALL use?

If you need me to follow up on something, please quote or tag me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Chickenfans said:

That was another question, should I get shielded or non-shielded cable, for IN-WALL use?

Are you running next to any electrical wires? In any areas of high electrical interference? (Welders are pretty bad, etc)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Get non shielded cable (at least ft1 rated in Canada not sure what the US equivalent is) and non shielded jacks. You should be fine keep you distance from electrical wires around 6" minimum. Try to cross power cables at 90 degrees when possible. If you can't it's no the end of the world. If you are planning to run the cable into some old 1980's variable frequency drive then consider shielded equipment. For regular home use unshielded will be more then fine. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/15/2019 at 8:34 PM, scottyseng said:

Are you running next to any electrical wires? In any areas of high electrical interference? (Welders are pretty bad, etc)

Yes, this will be near electrical wires.

If you need me to follow up on something, please quote or tag me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/16/2019 at 12:33 AM, Danimacl said:

Get non shielded cable (at least ft1 rated in Canada not sure what the US equivalent is) and non shielded jacks. You should be fine keep you distance from electrical wires around 6" minimum. Try to cross power cables at 90 degrees when possible. If you can't it's no the end of the world. If you are planning to run the cable into some old 1980's variable frequency drive then consider shielded equipment. For regular home use unshielded will be more then fine. 

Ok, I will lookup code too.

 

If you need me to follow up on something, please quote or tag me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Chickenfans said:

Ok, I will lookup code too.

 

US should be in wall is generally CL2 rated but again, double check for your specific area just in case. 

 

14 hours ago, Chickenfans said:

Yes, this will be near electrical wires.

Suggestion to use shielded near these if you can, also be sure that the shielding grounds somewhere or else it's pointless to have there in the first place. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, BakugoHero said:

US should be in wall is generally CL2 rated but again, double check for your specific area just in case. 

 

Suggestion to use shielded near these if you can, also be sure that the shielding grounds somewhere or else it's pointless to have there in the first place. 

How would I ground the cables?

If you need me to follow up on something, please quote or tag me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Chickenfans said:

How would I ground the cables?

The shielded cables have a foil liner and a ground wire, you need shielded RJ45 connectors and have the foil and wire contact the metal shielding of the RJ45 connector. It can be tough to get it installed correctly, but has to be done. Also have to check that the shield is actually connected from one end to the other.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×