AliExpress R9 Fury Waterblock (BYKSKI)

Question - why would you want to watercool a card with such a good cooler on it? I had this exact card once and it was excellent in regards to thermals and noise...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

Well, I'm considering watercooling mine and getting a second for crossfire, since why not. Also, this supposedly Has RGB, so there's that. Plus, this card's stock cooler is MASSIVE. Cutting down on the size would really help my overall thermals. 

I'm not familiar with the brand and I'd avoid using cheap waterblocks from Chinese sites... I'd stick to known brands for custom watercooling of two GPUs ;)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

The issue is that the Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro doesn't have any other blocks on the market, and over 100 bucks a piece doesn't seem cheap for a block to me. Universal blocks don't even work for this card. 

The cooler on Sapphire's r9 Fury Nitro is terrific. It is quite and does a very good job at cooling the card.

The only benefits of a custom block would be aesthetic and moving where the heat from the card is emitted from the card to the intake/exhaust of your systems radiator(s). The same amount of heat (or more if you push the card harder on water) will still enter into your case if you cool the card with an intake radiator. Again, an intake radiator will still push the same amount of heat into your case as an air cooled card. If airflow through the case is higher the temperature of the air will be lower, but the same amount of heat energy will enter your case.

I highly advise you just get a better card if you are looking for more performance. Multi GPU setups suck since support is incredibly lackluster. Literally the only time it makes since (economically and visually) is if you're already buying the best card on the market (2080 ti) and you want even more performance or you play a very narrow field of games that scale well with crossfire (since you want to run 2 AMD cards) and you already have a super high refresh rate monitor (>144 Hz). Even then a custom loop doesn't make any since because it'll be so dang expensive to cool the GPU that you would have experienced much better performance getting a better card.

CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.7 GHz

GPU: XFX GTS RX580 4GB

Cooling: Corsair h100i

Mobo: Asus z97-A 

RAM: 4x8 GB 1600 MHz Corsair Vengence

PSU: Corsair HX850

Case: NZXT S340 Elite Tempered glass edition

Display: LG 29UM68-P

Keyboard: Roccat Ryos MK FX RGB

Mouse: Logitech g900 Chaos Spectrum

Headphones: Sennheiser HD6XX

I might just stick to one card, but the point is that the card is massive. A water cooling solution would reduce the size of the card, thus allowing better airflow through my case, even if the same amount of heat is being generated. 

1 minute ago, Th3T3chn0manc3r said:

I might just stick to one card, but the point is that the card is massive. A water cooling solution would reduce the size of the card, thus allowing better airflow through my case, even if the same amount of heat is being generated. 

How large is your case? Do you currently have issues cooling other components of your computer?

The problem with a custom loop in your situation is you will be cooling a card worth ~$100-130 with a ~$100 block, the link said the "heatsink material" is copper, but it looks nickel plated to me. This means you can't use an aluminum radiator so you'll need ~$27 copper radiator radiator (ali-express) to avoid corrosion (also at least 240mm for cooling purposes). You'll also need at least 2 fans for the radiator (~$40-50), probably ~$15-$20 in fittings (from ali-express), at least ~$55 for a pump from ali-express, and about ~$15 in tubes if you go with soft tubes. That means you'll put far more money into cooling the card than the card is worth to probably get ~10-20% more performance from it if you plan to overclock the single card further than its current clocks. Total card and cooling value: $352-$397

You'd be better off buying a smaller and cooler used GTX 1080. It'd be much faster and potentially smaller

REMEMBER THESE COMPONENTS ARE ALI-EXPRESS PRODUCTS. THEY ARE NOT REPUTABLE. YOU'LL PROBABLY HAVE A LEAK THAT DESTROYS YOUR SYSTEM

Running 2 cards would require a bigger radiator (~$10 difference between 240mm and 360mm assuming your case supports a 360mm radiator), a second card ($100-$130), a second block ($100), some more fittings and tube (~$15), another fan or two (~$20-$50). All this will yield worse frame rates in some games that do not support crossfire all the way up to 2.0-2.5x framerates in properly supported games and heavy OCs for the crossfire setup. You might also need a stronger PSU to power to overclocked R9 Furies. Total cards and cooling cost (ignoring potential PSU cost): ~$597-$702

You'd be better off getting an RTX 2080 or GTX 1080ti on the used market. Either option will be faster in almost all scenarios.

REMEMBER THESE COMPONENTS ARE ALI-EXPRESS PRODUCTS. THEY ARE NOT REPUTABLE. YOU'LL PROBABLY HAVE A LEAK THAT DESTROYS YOUR SYSTEM

You'd be better off selling the card and bundling the money you would have spent on water cooling to get a straight up better card.