Sudden black screen after playing skyrim

belgiumkiddo
Go to solution Solved by SidM,

Have you by mistake, switched to another display in the built in windows option.

How about this, start the computer wait for like 1 minute and then press f1 once, then press the down key once and then press enter once

Yo guys, 

So yesterday I was playing some skyrim. I was enjoying myself util I alt-tabbed and got stuck with a blackscreen. I didn't think much of it and just rebooted my pc manually, but it still won't register the screen.

It's starting to get annoying since I need to use my computer. I already tried to replug cables but that didn't work. My GPU drivers weren't up to date but that's because I was experiencing difficulties with video

playback with the newest drivers. 

If anyone knows what to do, hit me up. It would be a massive help. 

Have you by mistake, switched to another display in the built in windows option.

How about this, start the computer wait for like 1 minute and then press f1 once, then press the down key once and then press enter once

2 minutes ago, SidM said:

Yoooo you're my new hero man!!! it worked like a charm. 

Thank you very much :) 

25 minutes ago, belgiumkiddo said:

Yoooo you're my new hero man!!! it worked like a charm. 

Thank you very much :) 

Always happy to help?

9 hours ago, SidM said:

What do you exactly mean with this? I don't really understand. I may have a similair issue.

10 hours ago, Mahogany17 said:

What do you exactly mean with this? I don't really understand. I may have a similair issue.

see, what happens is that windows thinks that you have 2 displays set up. when you follow the steps I gave, you are basically changing the video output to your primary display(the one which went black)

11 hours ago, Mahogany17 said:

if you have a working windows machine right now you can even try this- press f1, a column will come on the right side. Your screen is going blank because you have by mistake selected the 4th option(second creen only). By following my instructions on the top you are basically opening thant colum(f1), going to the 'pc screen only' option(up) and then selecting it(enter)

3 hours ago, SidM said:

if you have a working windows machine right now you can even try this- press f1, a column will come on the right side. Your screen is going blank because you have by mistake selected the 4th option(second creen only). By following my instructions on the top you are basically opening thant colum(f1), going to the 'pc screen only' option(up) and then selecting it(enter)

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, SidM said:

You're welcome?

Did it work tho?