Computer continually crashing when loaded (sometimes...)

matio57

I am in despair, my days of whiling away the hours in the Bohemian Kingdom's taverns or setting ambushes in Vikendi are being viciously sabotaged by an evil curse upon my PC. 

It. just. keeps. on. crashing. 

System specs:

Ryzen 5 1600, MSI Tomahawk B350,Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 MHz 2x4GB, Asus Strix GeForce GTX 970, Corsair Carbide 400C,Crucial MX300 275GB, EVGA SuperNOVA 80+ Gold 550W Fully-Modular G3

Mobo, RAM and GPU second hand; everything else new. All purchased around November 2017 and then assembled by yours truly. 

The system has been working perfectly up until recently where it now crashes during load, this doesn't happen every time (sometimes I can play PUBG at 80+FPS with less than 70 degrees on GPU so it's not a thermal issue) but frequently when I start a game it crashes under that first bit of loading. All of my drivers are up to date, I am yet to update the BIOS but as I haven't changed out for any new parts I wouldn't have thought that was the issue? When it crashes the EZ debug light for the GPU flashes and this also occasionally flashes on start up. 

One extra new thing is that the motherboard is being slower to recognise peripherals; wifi adapter (I know, I know, there's no Ethernet port in my room ? ) , keyboard etc. sometimes not recognising them until I unplug and put them back in. 

I have run malwarebytes and Avast scans, to no avail. 

In my hour of need,

I call for aid. 

Cheers and thanks for any help.