Better Processor or Hybrid Hard Drive for Laptop

OddballMV

As a general user, I am looking at different laptops with the following differences:

Intel i7 3520m (dual core 2.9/3.5ghz) and a standard 500gb hard drive (5400rpm), or

Intel i5 3230m (dual core 2.6/3.2ghz) and either a hybrid drive with 8gb of flash storage for caching or a 7200rpm drive

If both are similar prices which would be likely to give better performance? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Headset

ive been buying laptops since 2007

many of them

the biggest bottle neck ull ever experience is the hard drive plain and simple

go with the 3230 u wont regret it

ivy bridge cpus are already amazing

i have a T530 with a 3320 and replaced the slow 5400RPM drive with a samsung 830 ssd :)

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Both of those cpu's are pretty similar, I would go with the one with better features IE. dedicated gpu, better screen, more durability. Then go out and get your own SSD for it.

Thanks for the suggestions but SSD isn't really an option unfortunately as i need an optical drive and at least 500gb of storage so the only real option for improving the hard drive would be a hybrid drive.

Headset

Thanks for the suggestions but SSD isn't really an option unfortunately as i need an optical drive and at least 500gb of storage so the only real option for improving the hard drive would be a hybrid drive.

go for the hybrid

u wont regret it

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.