Gaming Build Needed

Ravendarat

Ok I’m looking at building a tower, I currently have a Corsair rm850 power supply, a 2080 ti and a 35 inch ultra wide Acer predator (the non 4K version). This will be a strictly gaming pc, I don’t use the computer for anything else besides that and then day to day stuff like web browsing, YouTube etc. I have two builds I put together on pcpartpicker, one using intel and one using amd. My question is which is gonna be better for my purposes and is there a good reason to instead maybe hold off and wait for the new amd chip in the fall.

I'm incredibly indecisive so any and all opinions are welcome. Also I might do a custom loop in the future but for now I’m gonna just do the cpu cooler

For only gaming, Intel is the way to go because they have faster single-core performance.

If you can wait for a little AMD's new CPU lineup should be announced in CES next year (January 8-11) but, if you need it right now then, just go with Intel.

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

I have a gaming laptop right now, I am wanting a tower system now so I’m not really starting with anything besides the parts listed above, 

Ya Cyberspirit, that’s what I was hearing, I’m not in a hurry so I’ll see what gets announced, if the new amd is as good as the rumors maybe I’ll go that route, I can always resell the 2700x down the road