New graphics card - small text hard to read

Emmien

I just upgraded from a GT640 to a GTX1060.

Small text such as the details on files in Windows Explorer and other thin lines look really grey and thin and are much harder to read. What settings do I need to change to revert this to how it was before, with the text appearing to be black? I much preferred it before so I think that I will change back to my older graphics card if this can't be fixed.

Thanks.

Please download GTX1060 lastest Driver version,

- AMD Ryzen™ 5 1400 Processor

- Asus Prime A320M-K ATX motherboard

- Zotac GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC Edition

- Kingston 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz Ram

- Corsair VS 550 power supply

- Kingston A400 240GB SSD

- 1TB WD BLUE HDD Hard Disk & Samsung 320GB HDD(7200RPM)

- CPU COOLER: Stock Cooler(AMD)

5 hours ago, Emmien said:

Thanks.

Download the latest driver installer from nvidia, then use display driver uninstaller (DDU) to remove the previous driver, and after the restart, install the new driver.
Also make sure you set the resolution to match the monitor's resolution.

My R2700XT build:  r7 2700 @4.1 Ghz max 65C - Sapphire Pulse rx 5700xt @1625Mhz 955mV 1300rpm fans, max 82C - Asrock B450 gaming k4 - Gskill Ripjaws 2x8GB @3200mhz CL16 - Be Quiet Straight Power E11 650w - Fractal Meshify C - EK-Kit S240 - NB eLoop 120mm PWM - Be Quiet Shadow Wings 140mm 1000rpm - Bitfenix Spectre LED PWM 120mm - Samsung 250GB 860 Evo - Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Peripherals:  Acer XF270HBbmiiprzx 144hz 1080p TN - CM Storm Quickfire TK - Coolermaster MK750 - CM Storm Reaper - Logitech G303 - Logitech G502 - Logitech G603

Audio:  Hyperx Cloud Stinger - Samson SR850 - Trust Screamer - Creative Gigaworks T20 II

Thank you for your replies.

Resolution for both monitors is correct. I installed the drivers from the provided CD and I think I have uninstalled the old ones using the DDU as linked above but I didn't want to incase I go back. I have checked and Windows was using drivers for the correct card. I was trying to make sure I didn't get any of the bloatware that comes on the disk when I installed it, so I'll try again incase I missed something I need.

I also found that Microsoft Office Word feels laggy and slower than before. I'm seriously considering going back to my old card which was much nicer and worked fine.

18 minutes ago, Emmien said:

Thank you for your replies.

Resolution for both monitors is correct. I installed the drivers from the provided CD and I think I have uninstalled the old ones using the DDU as linked above but I didn't want to incase I go back. I have checked and Windows was using drivers for the correct card. I was trying to make sure I didn't get any of the bloatware that comes on the disk when I installed it, so I'll try again incase I missed something I need.

I also found that Microsoft Office Word feels laggy and slower than before. I'm seriously considering going back to my old card which was much nicer and worked fine.

GPUs don't cause Word to be slow and laggy. You are still having a driver issue. Remove all drivers and reinstall drivers from the website 

| Ryzen R9 3900x Enermax LIQTECH II 360  | Asus ROG Crosshair VI Hero| Nivida FE RTX 2080 Ti | Corsair Vengeance 16gb @3200MHZ | Crucial 500 GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue SSD| Corsair HX 750w  Platinum+ |Corsair Carbide Spec-Omega| Gigabyte Arous 27QD 1440p 144hz