Android system battery drain?

DominicNikon

Hello, I have a Samsung Galaxy s9+ and I am wondering if it is normal for Android system to be using 28% of battery or should it be lower? If it should be lower any tips on how to fix it?Screenshot_20181229-225707_Settings.thumb.jpg.0a1d82d447307acc6d6389633ad814fa.jpg

21 minutes ago, DominicNikon said:

Hello, I have a Samsung Galaxy s9+ and I am wondering if it is normal for Android system to be using 28% of battery or should it be lower? If it should be lower any tips on how to fix it?Screenshot_20181229-225707_Settings.thumb.jpg.0a1d82d447307acc6d6389633ad814fa.jpg

Well, seeing how it was on battery for 13 hours, that percentage is gonna feel a lot bigger than it is. Its presumably a brand new phone, so that's not anything out of the ordinary I'd say. Your battery life is a lot better than my s7 (about 5 hours without using it on battery) so I wouldn't worry at all

Edit: Once you install more apps and use them more often, that "Android System" percent will go down a lot, since the percentage is comparative to the other app's battery usage levels.

1 minute ago, Mattata said:

Well, seeing how it was on battery for 13 hours, that percentage is gonna feel a lot bigger than it is. Its presumably a brand new phone, so that's not anything out of the ordinary I'd say. Your battery life is a lot better than my s7 (about 5 hours without using it on battery) so I wouldn't worry at all

Ok, thanks for the response. I just got the phone for Christmas and it's alot better battery life than my Galaxy S7

6 minutes ago, DominicNikon said:

Ok, thanks for the response. I just got the phone for Christmas and it's alot better battery life than my Galaxy S7

Yeah, understandable. So just remember, even if it is a high percentage, it doesn't necessarily mean its battery-consuming in general. Have fun with your new toy ?

11 hours ago, Mattata said:

Yeah, understandable. So just remember, even if it is a high percentage, it doesn't necessarily mean its battery-consuming in general. Have fun with your new toy ?

Just wondering why does the Android system use the most battery? Is it an app or just the software

4 hours ago, DominicNikon said:

Just wondering why does the Android system use the most battery? Is it an app or just the software

"Android system" is basically just the operating system itself. It uses the most battery, simply because it 1) does the most work out of everything else on your phone, and 2) there aren't any other apps on your phone working harder than it. Most apps will surpass it in battery consumption, but you must not have installed enough apps on your phone/ don't use them enough to see them use more battery than the OS.

On 12/30/2018 at 2:56 PM, Mattata said:

"Android system" is basically just the operating system itself. It uses the most battery, simply because it 1) does the most work out of everything else on your phone, and 2) there aren't any other apps on your phone working harder than it. Most apps will surpass it in battery consumption, but you must not have installed enough apps on your phone/ don't use them enough to see them use more battery than the OS.

Any idea why my moms s9+ Android system is a lot lower % then mine? Mine is the top and hers is on bottom.

Screenshot_20181231-160222_Settings.thumb.jpg.11c0243cec4fc2341926f27837ae7a85.jpg

20181231_162039.thumb.jpg.4db0e1b9603c6a2e6123d104c559f3be.jpg

2 hours ago, DominicNikon said:

Any idea why my moms s9+ Android system is a lot lower % then mine? Mine is the top and hers is on bottom.

Screenshot_20181231-160222_Settings.thumb.jpg.11c0243cec4fc2341926f27837ae7a85.jpg

20181231_162039.thumb.jpg.4db0e1b9603c6a2e6123d104c559f3be.jpg

Hmm, no clue. It all depends on however hard your phone is working to process things. I wouldnt look into it too much, everyones phone is different even if they are equally new, and some things are simply unexplainable

7 minutes ago, Mattata said:

Hmm, no clue. It all depends on however hard your phone is working to process things. I wouldnt look into it too much, everyones phone is different even if they are equally new, and some things are simply unexplainable

Ok. I'm starting to do some research on it because I notice her s9+ has noticable better battery life because of the Android system 4% to 30% now and she has more screen on time

Ok so I figured out AccuWeather was draining my battery alot. Once I uninstalled it my battery life got better and the Android system uses less battery.

Screenshot_20190102-210829_Settings.jpg

The Samsung S7 battery life is Horrible. I own one myself and I have to bring around a portable charger just to make it through a regular school day.

My Specs (Built Feb. 2018)

CPU: Intel Core I5-6600

COOLING: Lucifer V2

CASE: DeepCool Tesseract SW RED

RAM: 1x Ballistix Sport 8GB DDR4 2666 Mhz 

MOBO: GA-H110M-A

GPU: EVGA 1060 6gb FTW+ DT

BOOT: 250GB Samsung 850 Evo 

STORAGE: 3TB Seagate Constellation

PSU: EVGA 500W B1

DISPLAY: Insignia 24" TV 

Coming Soon:

RAM: 1x More Ballistix Sport 8GB DDR4 2666 Mhz 

I have to bring portable charger too for my old lenovo a6000 thats my main phone too cuz i have no money but the battery still holds around 4-5 hours nonstop usage this battery still holds up

I have to bring portable charger too for my old lenovo a6000 thats my main phone too cuz i have no money but the battery still holds around 4-5 hours nonstop usage this battery still holds up