New build from scratch.

Hi guys, looking to build a new primarily gaming pc, but also do a bit of photo editing for my other hobby of photography.

I am uk based so prices are gbp.

I have all the peripherals already so it is just the case and inside im rebuying. 

Current pc is a intel 4770k, with 16gb ram r9 390 gpu and a 256gb ssd that i can't recall off top of head so won't be reusing parts, ill leave that as a family machine.

I do run 3 27" monitors 2 x 4k 60hz for photo work and a 1440p 144hz for gaming so I'd be aiming at 1440p gaming primarily.

What do people think of current picks.

I can probably swing another 400 gbp

** edited **

PCPartPicker part list: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/CWN2LJ
Price breakdown by merchant: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/CWN2LJ/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7 GHz 8-Core Processor  (£289.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5 g Thermal Paste  (£6.29 @ Amazon UK) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£139.58 @ Box Limited) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  (£124.06 @ CCL Computers) 
Storage: Samsung - 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  (£223.89 @ Aria PC) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 3 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£94.14 @ Amazon UK) 
Video Card: Zotac - GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB GAMING AMP Video Card  (£1199.98 @ Novatech) 
Case: Phanteks - Enthoo Pro M Tempered Glass (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  (£84.93 @ Ebuyer) 
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£115.47 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit 
Total: £2278.33

Edited by BLT Vampyre
Amended parts list based on advice

Get some bigger ssds in there. You can get a 1tb 860 evo for quite cheap right now. 500 gb ssds are also cheap. It's just sad to look at such a high end build having horribly slow mass storage.  

Never really thought about more ssd space as normally only have 2 -3 games installed at a time, and most of the rest of the storage is for photo sessions which then get backed up elsewhere and deleted from system.  Will definitely look into more though as the more i look over it the more sad and lonely it looks.

Don't get the Gigabyte motherboard. Especially for a 2700X. If you want a cheap one (I don't recommend it), go MSI B450 Tomahawk or Pro Carbon. You should get a decent board to go with the other high end parts you're using. I recommend an Asus X470 or Asrock X470. 

Also for the storage, if you insist on using mechanical hard drives, go at least 7200 RPM, not 5400. But like Brooksie said above, I would get more SSD space. Although I think it's fine to use  HDDs for mass storage for like games and movies, but programs, work related stuff, and every day stuff would be best on a SSD.

Otherwise it looks great! 

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

Wd purple is for surveillance systems. Get wd blue or blacks 

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x cooled by Pure Rock Slim // RAM: Gskill Flare X 3200mhz CL14 2x16 32GB// GPU: Powercolor Red Devil RX 6650 XT 8GB// Motherboard: ASRock B450m Pro 4 // PSU: Seasonic G550 Gold 80+ // Storage: 4TB pcie nvme game drive, 512 GB m.2 sata3 OS Drive, 4 TB WD Red HDD // Monitor: Samsung S22D300 21.5" 1080p 60Hz, MSI 27" 1080p 144hz Freesync 1ms display // Peripherals:  Logitech fancy shmancy keyboard and moise with rgb and gaminess stuff, very fancy | Kingston HyperX Cloud Core headset 

Edited parts slightly to reflect comments so far.

Tomswife why no to the motherboard? It seems to get glowing reviews online, just wondering.

1 hour ago, BLT Vampyre said:

Research the board a little. Don't just go by reviews you see on pcpartpicker.com. Look at Amazon, go to reviews and click the '1 star' and browse through that. 23% is pretty high for 1 star. It looks like it's a hit or miss with that board. On top of those problems it has a crappy VRM on it which I wouldn't recommend pairing with a 2700x.

This B450 MSI is miles better than that x470.  Look at those reviews. 

I still have the x470 Gigabyte  Gaming 5, which suffers the same problem the Ultra Gaming does and they both have the same crappy VRMs. I got it before I decided to get a better X470 (for future proofing AMDs next gen processors in 2019), and let's just say, it's being returned. I personally didn't have any problems, but I just wouldn't chance it to only have to RMA the board and go through a tiresome process. Save yourself the headache and get something well reviewed and doesn't suffer from a number of issues easily found by a quick Google search. 

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

6 minutes ago, Manderis said:

You don't need the Thermal Compound. To my knowledge if you use the included boxed cooler its pre-applied.

To add on to this: If you insist on using your own thermal paste, make sure you remove any preapplied thermal paste from the cooler first!