How many Monitors?

overlord_pro

With NVIDIA graphics cards, the onboard graphics are disabled. With AMD, they are not. I have 3 monitors. The ones on the left and right are for discord and task manager. Is it worth it to pay extra for a card like the Vega 64 or 56 to be able to use onboard graphics for the side monitors instead of plugging all of them into a GPU like a 1070ti or RTX 2070? I'm having a hard time deciding. 
At the moment, I have an XPS 8920 with an rx 480 and am able to plug the two side monitors into the motherboard.

Why is your on board turning off with Nvidia? Seems strange. But just for a second and third monitor, you most certainly plug all into one. Wont hurt anything. Maybe a slight performance hit, i would borrow a card and test both ways.

If you only loose 5 frames, use only one card. 

There's no point in using onboard graphics if you have a GPU.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

You can use onboard with nvidia cards. I use mine on every board. Not enough plugs on the cards to put them on there. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz