Choice between two lga1155 motherboards

Go to solution Solved by Sakkura,

The Z68 board has better VRMs which may allow a better overclock. The Z77 board is a little newer and eg. comes with 4 native USB 3.0 ports instead of 2 USB 3.0 ports off a secondary controller (which is worse/slower).

An ASRock z77 Pro3 vs an ASRock z68 Extreme3 Gen3

Is one better than the other? Are they both bad choices? The price for them is the same.

I want one of them to overclock an i5 2500k (because I didn't do enough research and right now I have a gigabyte z77m that won't let me change CPU voltage)

The Z68 board has better VRMs which may allow a better overclock. The Z77 board is a little newer and eg. comes with 4 native USB 3.0 ports instead of 2 USB 3.0 ports off a secondary controller (which is worse/slower).

7 hours ago, Sakkura said:

Yes, I actually looked it into this myself right now and noticed it. I'm going with z68, but it is nice to know about the usb 3.0 thing I wasn't aware of.