gtx 1080 

Samsung 970 evo 250 gb m.2

Samsung 960 evo 500 gb ssd

2 TB seagate HDD

NZXT h500i

EVGA supernova 750w 80+ gold 

3 corsair ll120 rgb fans

---------------------------------------------------------

So I don't know if 32 gb of RAM is overkill for this build, but I am trying to build a beast of a PC. the gtx 1080 and the 960 evo is from my current build (1080 is decently new and the ssd is brand new).

1. With the h500i, I know it has a smarthub for fans for RGB, so can I connect my ll120 fans and download nzxt's software to control fan speed, and the RGB colors, or would I need the corsair control center. 

2. The LED lights that come with the case, where would I connect those on the mobo? What port would I connect it to?

3. Is the RAM overkill, or would 16 gb be better? I want to fill all the RAM slots, so if I am using 32 gb I would be using 4x8gb. But if that is overkill, then I will be using 4x4gb. 

Thanks for the help, and will post pics of my build once its completed! 

"Beaf of a PC" with a GTX1080?? Why don't you sell yout 1080, get 16GBs of RAM and get RTX2080 or something.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

Just now, PopsicleHustler said:

"Beaf of a PC" with a GTX1080?? Why don't you sell yout 1080, get 16GBs of RAM and get RTX2080 or something.

Not trying to spend $700+ for a gpu, when I have a perfectly good one to use.

6 minutes ago, hoiv said:

But if that is overkill, then I will be using 4x4gb. 

What's wrong with 2x8? Filling ram slots is one thing but if you want to upgrade in the future instead of having to pay up front it's something to consider.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

27 minutes ago, Kido said:

32gb RAM is a bit too much :)

Bit of a blanket statement seeing as we have no idea what applications OP will be using with this PC.

IMO, If you have the cash to do 32GB now and you plan to be using any sort of program that can leverage that now or in the future then go for it (Professional software like 3D modelling programs, video editing, photoshop etc...). Upgrading is a bit of a pain when it comes to getting a good match for your original kit if it's years down the line, which for compatibility reasons is always recommended.

As for your other questions:

1. As for the Corsair LL fans they require both the Corsair Lighting Node Pro and Corsair RGB Fan LED Hub otherwise the RGB on them won't work. Meaning they will also be controlled through Corsairs own software.
2. The included RGB kit with that case has it's own NZXT hardware installed in the case which you will plug into a USB header on your motherboard and will provide control through their software.

- Personal Rig -

AMD 7950X3D / 64GB G.SKILL DDR5-6000 EXPO / ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC
ASUS ProArt X670E / Noctua NH-D15 Corsair 4000D Airflow / Corsair RM1000x / 4 x 2TB Crucial P5 Plus

- 🪦 HW Graveyard 🪦-

MSI GTX 780 Lightning 3GB 🪦🫡 Dec 2013 - Dec 2018
Seasonic Platinum 1000W 🪦🫡 Dec 2013 - Dec 2018

PNY GTX 470 1280MB 🪦🫡 June 2010 - August 2017

Intel Q9550 / Q9450 Systems 🪦🫡 Q1-2008 - Q3-2016
- Desktop Audio Equipment -
ADAM Audio F7's | Topping D30 Pro | Topping A30 Pro | HD598 & HD6XX w/ Sheepskin Pads

2 hours ago, KnightSirius said:

Bit of a blanket statement seeing as we have no idea what applications OP will be using with this PC.

IMO, If you have the cash to do 32GB now and you plan to be using any sort of program that can leverage that now or in the future then go for it (Professional software like 3D modelling programs, video editing, photoshop etc...). Upgrading is a bit of a pain when it comes to getting a good match for your original kit if it's years down the line, which for compatibility reasons is always recommended.

As for your other questions:

1. As for the Corsair LL fans they require both the Corsair Lighting Node Pro and Corsair RGB Fan LED Hub otherwise the RGB on them won't work. Meaning they will also be controlled through Corsairs own software.
2. The included RGB kit with that case has it's own NZXT hardware installed in the case which you will plug into a USB header on your motherboard and will provide control through their software.

Just gaming, photoshop, and video editing.

2 hours ago, hoiv said:

Just gaming, photoshop, and video editing.

Well since you plan on using Premiere Pro (assuming based on your choice of Photoshop) then 32GB is the recommended amount of RAM for a 1080p workflow according to Puget Systems. They do a lot of testing on Adobe software so I trust their recommendations, of course as they state however this depends on your own workflow. Also this doesn't mean you can not work with 4K+ footage but just that you're not reaching peak efficiency.

- Personal Rig -

AMD 7950X3D / 64GB G.SKILL DDR5-6000 EXPO / ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC
ASUS ProArt X670E / Noctua NH-D15 Corsair 4000D Airflow / Corsair RM1000x / 4 x 2TB Crucial P5 Plus

- 🪦 HW Graveyard 🪦-

MSI GTX 780 Lightning 3GB 🪦🫡 Dec 2013 - Dec 2018
Seasonic Platinum 1000W 🪦🫡 Dec 2013 - Dec 2018

PNY GTX 470 1280MB 🪦🫡 June 2010 - August 2017

Intel Q9550 / Q9450 Systems 🪦🫡 Q1-2008 - Q3-2016
- Desktop Audio Equipment -
ADAM Audio F7's | Topping D30 Pro | Topping A30 Pro | HD598 & HD6XX w/ Sheepskin Pads