Experiencing packet loss, could this be the cause?

justintime444

Hello, recently I've been experiencing latency issues with regards to watching streams and playing games. Gave my ISP a call and they basically said there is nothing they can do to solve this- they even told me to upgrade my package to "try" and fix it. Anyways, I stumbled upon my modem's 'system log' where I see entries like this: 

2018-12-28 17:36:29.00 [DOS]UDP Packet - Source:192.168.0.3,2007 Destination:192.168.0.255,2007.

Am I getting DoS'd or is this normal? 

image.png.80ef0ae8656f1e33e2083190dff21a88.png

Any help or general information on what this means is appreciated. 

Are you on Ethernet or WiFi?

"May your frame rates be high and your temperatures low"

I misread titles/posts way too often--correct me if I don't.

I have the same problem whether I am on wifi or Ethernet. I will subscribe to this thread to see if there's something I can do. 

Typically, if there were an issue with my internet, I would just restart my router/modem. (I'm guessing you've don'e this hundreds of times so I'm just gonna skip over that)

How old is your hardware? What speed are you paying for? What speeds are you getting? (speedtest.net cause google's is somewhat weird? idk I'm just used to the Mbps instead of literal MBps)

"May your frame rates be high and your temperatures low"

I misread titles/posts way too often--correct me if I don't.

5 hours ago, Jasun said:

Typically, if there were an issue with my internet, I would just restart my router/modem. (I'm guessing you've don'e this hundreds of times so I'm just gonna skip over that)

How old is your hardware? What speed are you paying for? What speeds are you getting? (speedtest.net cause google's is somewhat weird? idk I'm just used to the Mbps instead of literal MBps)

Restarted, ensured everything is plugged in, reset-- all done multiple times. 

>How old is hardware- if you mean like the modem and stuff, it's about 4 years old, I'll check witih my ISP to see if they have new hardware. As for my PC- its about 1 year old.

>What speed- paying for 25Mb, what we actually get varies during the day, sometimes its 23Mb, sometimes it dips down to less than 8.

I guess it would be my ISP's fault then. I'll have to see what's up. If theres anything else I'll continue this thread. 

18 hours ago, justintime444 said:

Hello, recently I've been experiencing latency issues with regards to watching streams and playing games. Gave my ISP a call and they basically said there is nothing they can do to solve this- they even told me to upgrade my package to "try" and fix it. Anyways, I stumbled upon my modem's 'system log' where I see entries like this: 

2018-12-28 17:36:29.00 [DOS]UDP Packet - Source:192.168.0.3,2007 Destination:192.168.0.255,2007.

Am I getting DoS'd or is this normal? 

image.png.80ef0ae8656f1e33e2083190dff21a88.png

Any help or general information on what this means is appreciated. 

192.168.0.255 is a broadcast address i belive. You could use a program like wireshark and see what the packet is