Gaming/Streaming build: Upgrade and New

namelessfallen

So, I'm in need of some assistance. I have a plan. It's not a foolproof one, but it's to put myself to good use. I'm aiming for a PC Build + Upgrading my current system (it's going on 5 years old). The current system is in dire need of an upgrade (the build was something that was put up via Newegg back in 2014), and my wife is aiming to get back into gaming herself. We started gaming together before marriage (back in 2008), playing World of Warcraft just after the release of Wrath of the Lich King. We have good memories, and she's aiming to play again. Since our moves, her previous machine is essentially dead (note, that machine is over ten years old now, lol), and it's time to upgrade this machine and get a new one back in our home. Without further delay, allow me to follow the steps to describe what's needed, and hopefully all will be clarified.

1. Budget & Location

Budget Aim was originally set for $1k, $1.5k, and no higher than $2k. Reason for this was to get what I could for cheap, give the ideal pricing, and then the "go no higher" mark. I live in Texas, so location finances are USD

2. Aim

So the name of this game is "Upgrade and New". I need a new rig but also need to upgrade this current machine. Who gets what depends on this section here. First and foremost, I plan on pushing myself to begin video capture, editing, and streaming in the future for gaming (sounds ridiculous, but there's elite/hardcore players out there, there's casual players, but I feel that the in between doesn't seem a focus is given. Plus, I also see new indie games or overhyped games like Fortnite/PUBG, and not other titles that might have a different charm that might have got snubbed.) My wife's aim on gaming is just a return to WoW, on her own terms. I double and triple checked, asking if she was considering Streaming or Video Capture, she has no interest. So purely gaming for her, and judging, no higher than WoW's current incarnation.

3. Monitors

I literally only have one monitor at current. HP w2338h. HDMI capable, 60Hz, 1920x1080. Nothin special.

4. Peripherals

I don't need anything fancy. I'm entry level at this, and basic built. I know there's a good deal of gamers that seem to require special mice, keyboards, streamers requiring special mics and/or cams. I have no aim for these things, at least not at this point. I live in a 2B/2B apartment, relatively small, with two kiddos as well, so if anything I'd need a decent to probably damn good quality headset so I can do my voice captures and what not.

5. Why are you upgrading?

The machine I'm using is in dire need of an upgrade (aside from the new tower needed as well for the wife). This machine was built in 2014, and has been "sustainable" for the last 4, almost 5 years, but after you see my stats on this machine, you'll probably understand why I am pushing to upgrade as well as the build.

Anyways, I'll be including the current machine's layout here:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H

CPU: i5-3550p (4 core @ 3.1GHz)

GPU: MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti (1Gb)

RAM: G.Skill RIpjawsX series (2x8GB)

HHD: WD Blue 1TB

PSU: Corsair 500W (Don't remember full make/model. Original was a RAIDmax, but I believe it blew a resistor or something, heard a pop, shut down, never came back)

I think I got everything....now I'm going to be including the build from my own research. The build is for the Brand New PC, but I'd like some look over to make sure it's viable. The aim on this is up to date, nothing fancy, viable for 2 to 4 years solid, and strong enough for gaming, streaming, and video edits.

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/B37JHh
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/B37JHh/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel - Core i5-3570K 3.4 GHz Quad-Core Processor 
Motherboard: Asus - P8Z77-V ATX LGA1155 Motherboard 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws X Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR3-1866 Memory 
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 250 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($89.89 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($44.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB Video Card  ($319.99 @ Newegg Business) 
Case: EVGA - DG-76 Matte Black ATX Mid Tower Case  ($59.99 @ B&H) 
Power Supply: EVGA - B3 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($65.98 @ Newegg) 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($98.89 @ OutletPC) 
Monitor: Planar - PLL2210W 22.0" 1920x1080 Monitor  ($89.99 @ Monoprice) 
Total: $769.62
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-12-28 11:59 EST-0500

Yes, through PCPartPicker, tried setting up through Newegg...but the price was MUCH different on the aim, lol.

So, I think I've text-walled enough. I do apologize, but I'm in desperate need here. I do NOT need any RGB effects. I don't care about fancy lights. Once I start getting a little stronger income or something, then we'll talk flashy. My aim at the end of the day is a strong workhorse I can do what I need on, viable for years, and upgrading this current machine for a good gaming set up. I need both the Upgrade AND the new build to go no higher than the $1,500 to $2,000 ranges. I wanna keep it as low as possible. If the new build needs a work around on parts, by all means, make whatever suggestions/reasons. Ideally, I lean towards Intel/Nvidia products. I'm most familiar with them and their functionality.

I have also have a strong dislike for the concept of "overclocking" CPU/GPUs. Turbo? So be it. No Overclocks. I know, makes me sound stuffy, but I want this to LAST. I don't want my equipment to die out 2 years to early.

Okay, off soapbox. Please, any help on this is utterly welcome (lacking criticism. Constructive is fine, but I've been around long enough to tell criticism from degradation), and this has been wracking my brain for the the last week and a half.

Thanks in advance, and I'll be watching out.

So just so I have an idea, is this the current system that needs to be upgraded? 

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H

CPU: i5-3550p (4 core @ 3.1GHz)

GPU: MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti (1Gb)

RAM: G.Skill RIpjawsX series (2x8GB)

HHD: WD Blue 1TB

PSU: Corsair 500W (Don't remember full make/model. Original was a RAIDmax, but I believe it blew a resistor or something, heard a pop, shut down, never came back)

And is this a plan for the new: Gaming, Streaming and Video Editing machine: 

CPU: Intel - Core i5-3570K 3.4 GHz Quad-Core Processor 
Motherboard: Asus - P8Z77-V ATX LGA1155 Motherboard 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws X Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR3-1866 Memory 
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 250 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($89.89 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($44.89 @ OutletPC) 
Power Supply: EVGA - B3 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($65.98 @ Newegg) 

?

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/JGFmjy
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/JGFmjy/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($304.87 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($119.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($129.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Samsung - 860 Evo 250 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($52.00 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Samsung - 970 Evo 250 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($77.00 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($49.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1347.59
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-12-28 12:42 EST-0500

The 860 EV0 SATA is for the Upgrade PC. Just install windows on it and it will run like a jung rabbit again. If you want throw in a used gtx 970 from craigslist but your wife might be ok with a 650ti because WoW is not really the GPU killer. The 970 EVO is fast and "cheap" so go for it.

If you really don't want to oc go for the Ryzen 2700x and maybe some slower RAM (i think stock max is 2666 MHz) but you can save 40 $ on the Ryzen 2700 and use AMD Ryzen Master Software to make up the difference. For my knowledge the only difference is the out of the box clockspeed. Same chip but factory OC. 
Ryzen because for streaming, capture and editing you will welcome those cores and threads and Intel has nothing comparable at that price point .