weird glitches on my screen (usually with freeze)

Rheo
Go to solution Solved by Bananasplit_00,

borked GPU, those XDs are a new failiure mode for GPUs afaik. think you will need to RMA the GPU

I have been getting random freezes while gaming on my new PC, which look like this (https://imgur.com/Kn4LX5Z). When it freezes (no BSOD) i can't do anything except restart the PC with the power button. I tried looking for help and tried alot of different things, but nothing helps. And now it started to get those weird glitches without the PC freezing and without me playing a game (https://i.imgur.com/k5kMTBE.png). They don't stay there, they randomly appeared on different parts of the screen and disappeared again.

Whenever I play a game it freezes after 5-30 minutes. I tried doing the 3DMark benchmark while logging with HWiNFO64 to see if the temps are too high when it freezes, but they are normal.

I also noticed when i run the "Fire Strike" Demo on 3DMark my pc doesn't freeze and i get good results, but when i run the "Time Spy" one it freezes. The only difference between those 2 is that "Time Spy" is a DirectX 12 benchmark and "Fire Strike" is a DirectX 11 benchmark. Tried multiple times, same result.

Specs: 
Mobo: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
GPU: GIGABYTE RTX 2070
Memory: Corsair 2x8GB DDR4 3000MHz
Storage: ADATA SU800 SSD (1000GB)

PSU: Corsair CX550

Monitor: 2790WG5 (1920x1080@144Hz)

borked GPU, those XDs are a new failiure mode for GPUs afaik. think you will need to RMA the GPU

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

RTX is a pretty new series of GPU, try an older driver or a new one for it, maybe even fiddle with the CPU drivers and see what combination works. Sounds like the glitches are artefacts, so the GPU is probbably faulty or you're pushing it too far. If you have your previous GPU: try it and see if it still does the same thing, if it doesn' then the RTX card is faulty