Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

Recker

Hey everyone!

So last night this started too happen with windows going nuts with the device connected / disconnected sound over and over and over again! I'm not sure why it constantly needs to spams you as i disabled the port in device manager and even removed the front USB from the motherboard but the problem still persists lol

The only solution i've found is keeping my external HDD plugged into the port and the yellow mark and unknown error doesn't show in device manager anymore, which isn't really a great fix.

I've tried multiple guides even formatted windows and downloaded the latest drivers from my motherboard's manufacturer's site when installing fresh windows 10 but for some reason they don't have USB drivers on there only for windows 7.

Any idea's? should i try the USB drivers for windows 7 lol i have no idea what to do as its driving me insane.

Have you tried... Turning it off and back on? xD you can also try the windows troubleshooter which I find to actually be sometimes useful for when it comes to port debugging. 

I'm borderline about to just throw it out the window and buy a new one haha and yeah i have and it didn't do anything.

5 minutes ago, Recker said:

Hey everyone!

So last night this started too happen with windows going nuts with the device connected / disconnected sound over and over and over again! I'm not sure why it constantly needs to spams you as i disabled the port in device manager and even removed the front USB from the motherboard but the problem still persists lol

The only solution i've found is keeping my external HDD plugged into the port and the yellow mark and unknown error doesn't show in device manager anymore, which isn't really a great fix.

I've tried multiple guides even formatted windows and downloaded the latest drivers from my motherboard's manufacturer's site when installing fresh windows 10 but for some reason they don't have USB drivers on there only for windows 7.

Any idea's? should i try the USB drivers for windows 7 lol i have no idea what to do as its driving me insane.

Might be a bad USB cable, or the connection has gotten loose enough to cause this issue.

So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

But surely me disabling it in device manager and even taking the front USB port out of the motherboard should stop it from keep spamming me with this unknown USB crap?

There must be a way for me to stop this from freaking out every now and again right?

It's definitely a faulty USB controller and/or ports, nothing you can do unless replacing the motherboard, or you messed up with Windows drivers? A reinstall may fix it

You could also try a Linux Distro via USB drive (if that works) and check the dmesg utility to understand what kind of error it is

I just don't understand if i unplug it from the motherboard this should just stop as there is nothing there anymore lol