Help Finding a New Monitor

ItWasEnder
Go to solution Solved by Wufflez,

I could recommend the monitor I am currently use it, since I love it so much.
https://www.amazon.com/d/Monitors/Viotek-GN24CB-Speakers-Bezel-Less-FreeSync/B078P2XN9M/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1546002637&sr=8-2-spons&keywords=viotek+144hz&psc=1

It's a VA panel which is significantly better than a TN in terms of color accuracy, I have it next to an IPS and they can be hard to tell a picture apart sometimes. You were doing editing so I thought some color accuracy would be important, but I think an IPS would be way out of your price range ($400+). 144hz 4ms response time that can be boosted to 3.1ms. 24". If you're worried about the brand, Viotek is MSI's monitor supplier. MSI has the exact same model, but I decided to go with this brand since they have a "Zero-Tolerance Dead Pixel Policy". 
Also, different monitors do not affect your recordings. The only thing that does is resolution.

Hello! I am currently looking to upgrade my monitor since I've been using this 1400x900 (16:10) e-machines monitor for like a few years now and I need to get rid of it. So currently I have a Ryzen 5 2600 system with a GTX 1060 3GB card in it. My current t budget is somewhere around $200 USD. I know almost nothing about monitors that's why I want some help finding something that's affordable and can be used to edit videos as well as record full HD 1080p.

I would really appreciate any help!

Price: ~$200

Uses: Editing, Gaming, Recording

Refresh Rate: 144hz

Edited by EnderGaming

The balance between editing and gaming for a monitor is hard to come by at a low price point. What I mean by that is the actual color representation of the monitor. If you're not photo editing or anything like that, I don't see why some Acer monitor wouldn't be fine. Another thing to keep in mind is that at this price point, it's probably hard to find something with gsync (helps out with frame tearing).

2 minutes ago, VillaiNPC said:

What refresh rate do you want and do you care about which panel is used?

144 idk what the different panel does sorry.

2 minutes ago, Jackbighit said:

The balance between editing and gaming for a monitor is hard to come by at a low price point. What I mean by that is the actual color representation of the monitor. If you're not photo editing or anything like that, I don't see why some Acer monitor wouldn't be fine. Another thing to keep in mind is that at this price point, it's probably hard to find something with gsync (helps out with frame tearing).

I'm fine with vsync idk but I don't really want to spend a lot on a monitor at my current state but I also can't stand my current monitor. Also I'm not photo editing.

7 minutes ago, EnderGaming said:

144 idk what the different panel does sorry.

Have a quick read here https://www.gamingscan.com/ips-vs-tn-vs-va/

IPS offers the best overall visual quality and the widest viewing angles. TN panels lag behind in this regard, but they make up for it by offering better performance i.e. higher refresh rates and lower response time. Meanwhile, VA panels offer visuals similar to those of IPS panels, and can also reach the performance levels of TN panels, although most displays equipped with this technology actually tend to have the highest response times of the three.

2 minutes ago, wojtepanik said:

something like benq xl2411 fits your budget, I can personally recommend it :

Isn't that monitor more like $300 rather than $200

5 minutes ago, EnderGaming said:

I would guess an IPS panel.

This is an IPS panel but only 75hz which is still good, but if you are into competetive gaming then I will try and find something else. At your price range I would go with a VA panel since you are going to be editing as well rather than TN, most IPS panels will be too expensive.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-24MP59G-P-24-Inch-Monitor-FreeSync/dp/B06XDY3SJF?tag=amazondn-21

3 minutes ago, VillaiNPC said:

This is an IPS panel but only 75hz which is still good but if you are into competetive gaming then I will try and find something else but at your price range I would go with a VA panel since you are going to be editing as well rather than TN.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-24MP59G-P-24-Inch-Monitor-FreeSync/dp/B06XDY3SJF?tag=amazondn-21

I'm looking for a monitor in 16:9 like 1920x1080 or higher. 200$ is preferred but just suggest whatever I wanna way all my options.

Edited by EnderGaming

https://www.amazon.com/d/Monitors/Viotek-GN24CB-Speakers-Bezel-Less-FreeSync/B078P2XN9M/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1546002637&sr=8-2-spons&keywords=viotek+144hz&psc=1

It's a VA panel which is significantly better than a TN in terms of color accuracy, I have it next to an IPS and they can be hard to tell a picture apart sometimes. You were doing editing so I thought some color accuracy would be important, but I think an IPS would be way out of your price range ($400+). 144hz 4ms response time that can be boosted to 3.1ms. 24". If you're worried about the brand, Viotek is MSI's monitor supplier. MSI has the exact same model, but I decided to go with this brand since they have a "Zero-Tolerance Dead Pixel Policy". 
Also, different monitors do not affect your recordings. The only thing that does is resolution.

1 minute ago, Wufflez said:

Agree, probably going to be the best pick for you with your budget this ticks all the boxes.

1 minute ago, VillaiNPC said:

Agree, probably going to be the best pick for you with your budget this ticks all the boxes.

Alright I'll give it a bit and see if anything else comes up. Any monitor is an improvement of my current lol.