Current setup:
cpu = i5-3470 4c/4t 3.2-3.6ghz
mobo = Asrock u3s3/h61
ram = 8gb ddr3
gpu = Palit Super Jetstream GTX 1060 6gb
psu = Seasonic G-Series 550W Gold

I'm thinking of the following:

buying a 2nd hand 4th gen setup = $284 + ($341.43) = $625.43
(more or less this and 4770 are the most common used CPU available here in my country)

• cpu = Intel i7 4790

• mobo = Msi b85-g43

• ram = Gskill 8x2gb DDR3

• + 2nd hand GTX 1070Ti ($341.43)(if ever I will pick this setup,  I'll sell my 1060 then buy this)

OR

buying a brand new Ryzen setup = $563.35

• cpu = AMD Ryzen 5 2600X 3.60-4.2Ghz 6c/12t

• mobo = MSI B450 Tomahawk

• ram = GSkill Trident Z RGB 16gb 2x8gb 3200Mhz 16GTZRX

• reuse my GTX 1060

First, I'm not sure if my 3 years old PSU can handle those setups. My budget is near the first option.
Second, the reason I'm thinking of upgrading/changing is that my mobo is near it's end. It has multiple broken sata ports and usb ports as of now. Sometimes PC is locking up by itself and other issues. Current setup is more or less 6 years old now (minus ssds/hdds, PSU and GPU)

I like playing open world games (AC Origins/Odyssey), RPGs (Witcher 3) and sometimes Battlefield types of FPS.

I will be playing at 1080p using a gsync 144hz monitor from Asus.

TLDR: Which will be a faster and effective upgrade path @1080p 60+fps gaming

The 2600x will be significantly better than the i7 especially with the platform being newer and still having cpus being released for it. All of the games you are playing are very thread intensive so the extra 2 cores and 4 threads will help quite a bit. 

I would personally go with the ryzen setup. The parts are all better, and new.

The 1060 paired with the ryzen is still more than enough horsepower at 1080p

also now that the crypto-currency bubble is more or less popped, i would be weary about buying used graphics cards

9 minutes ago, tJuggernaut29 said:

also now that the crypto-currency bubble is more or less popped, i would be weary about buying used graphics cards

Most miners take good care of their cards.

I'm currently running an ex-mining card in my system, I've had no problems whatsoever with it.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

8 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

The 2600x will be significantly better than the i7 especially with the platform being newer and still having cpus being released for it. All of the games you are playing are very thread intensive so the extra 2 cores and 4 threads will help quite a bit. 

That's what I thought too since I like open world games, the 2600x might be a better choice.  But is my 1060 good enough for 2600x? As of now, I can't pinpoint which is the bottleneck in my setup.

7 minutes ago, tJuggernaut29 said:

I would personally go with the ryzen setup. The parts are all better, and new.

The 1060 paired with the ryzen is still more than enough horsepower at 1080p

So with Ryzen, will I gain an increase in gaming performance overall than the first one? Yeah, I'm wary of used gpu but the one I saw was just bought earlier this year so I think it's kinda safe? :D

8 minutes ago, Deicidium said:

That's what I thought too since I like open world games, the 2600x might be a better choice.  But is my 1060 good enough for 2600x? As of now, I can't pinpoint which is the bottleneck in my setup.

So with Ryzen, will I gain an increase in gaming performance overall than the first one? Yeah, I'm wary of used gpu but the one I saw was just bought earlier this year so I think it's kinda safe? :D

There shouldn't be a bottleneck in your setup at all.

Yeah, Ryzen will be a pretty nice performance increase over any of the 4th Gen Core i7s, especially in CPU-intensive tasks.

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

9 hours ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

There shouldn't be a bottleneck in your setup at all.

Yeah, Ryzen will be a pretty nice performance increase over any of the 4th Gen Core i7s, especially in CPU-intensive tasks.

How about the first option with 1070ti? What's your opinion about it?

2 hours ago, Deicidium said:

How about the first option with 1070ti? What's your opinion about it?

Your CPU will be more limiting for future upgrades, and AM4 is most likely getting support until 2020. LGA 1150 has been EOL for a few years.

9 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Your CPU will be more limiting for future upgrades, and AM4 is most likely getting support until 2020. LGA 1150 has been EOL for a few years.

So for upgradability, Ryzen will be a better choice? I guess that's a better reason to buy the ryzen over the old 4790 then just upgrade GPU some other time

5 minutes ago, Deicidium said:

So for upgradability, Ryzen will be a better choice? I guess that's a better reason to buy the ryzen over the old 4790 then just upgrade GPU some other time

That, and the 2600/x is a better CPU overall.

Alright. I guess I'm kinda decided on what to do haha