Help me decide on upgrade... money to blow.

Help me out here guys/girls. I have an i5 8600k that runs at 4.6 but when I do other beefy tasks (stream), it just can't keep up. My previous post brought up the fact that hyperthreading was needed so I should go to 8700k. I tried to build a pc that I wouldn't need to upgrade at all, lasted about 8 months lol. 

I understand going 8700k is an easy upgrade as I wouldn't have to change anything but the chip. But I like overhauling when I get the opportunity. Bonus time is right around the corner and I have to ok from wifey to re-build. I need some insight on what I should consider when going higher end. I am thinking of going 9900k, x-series, or even switching teams and going threadripper. I just don't have the experience with this level of cpu/mobo. What are the benefits from going from 8700k to 9900k and then from 9900k to the X series (or threadripper).

Thanks in advance.

ever heared of shadowplay? even a 2700x can't stream fortnite 1920p on h264, but with a 9900k you need a fair motherboard and cooler, it throttles on a 240 mm

You don't need such high caliber of CPU to game and stream. 2700x or 8700k/9900k is more than enough. 

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

Need is a super relative term guys. I want to make sure I have no worries of throttling going forward.