Is my 1060 6GB gonna bottleneck a 9900k?

Hey everyone

I am worried that when buying a 9900k, my  gpu, being the 1060 6gb, will bottleneck its performance.

I can get the 9900k at the same price of a 2700X, so that is something to keep in mind.

Hope some of you can tell me if there will be any performance drops

Thanks,

Shinion

5 minutes ago, Shiniontv said:

I can get the 9900k at the same price of a 2700X, so that is something to keep in mind

Wow that's either an expensive Ryzen CPU or a cheap Intel CPU, I hope it's the latter. The 1060 does not necessarily allow the 9900k to reach its full potential (obviously since the most powerful graphics cards pair appropriately with it, the CPU can always do more) but if you're going for such a powerful and multithreaded CPU, you're probably using it for workloads where it won't be relying on the graphics card, and the 1060 is just for gaming on the side. The 1060 will be the weak link, but not really to an awful extent if you put the i9 to good use.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

12 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

you're probably using it for workloads where it won't be relying on the graphics card

I will be doing some streaming and editing

I can get it for cheap because of family stuff

And will it still outperform the 2700X if that was paired with a 1060?

1 minute ago, Shiniontv said:

I will be doing some streaming and editing

I can get it for cheap because of family stuff

The 9900k is the best gaming CPU, and if you have the chance to get a very good deal on it, you should take it. The 1060 is a rather underpowered GPU for it, so take solace in the fact that your next upgrade of graphics card should take you to 144Hz+ or 4K gaming. In the meantime, see if you can crunch out some folding@home with all those threads.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

10 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Will it outperform a 2700X if that was paired with a 1060?

Just now, Shiniontv said:

Will it outperform a 2700X if that was paired with a 1060?

Yes, but probably not by much, since 1080p 60fps, which j assume you're targeting with the 1060, is not demanding. If you were to upgrade to something like a 2080 you would see the difference at 144Hz.

Primary PC:

2 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Yes, but probably not by much

How about rendering times and other productivity actions?

How about rendering times and other productivity actions?

Those will be amazing on the i9, which is what the CPU is all about really. It's hardly a gaming CPU despite how good it is at gaming.

Primary PC:

12 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Those will be amazing on the i9, which is what the CPU is all about really. It's hardly a gaming CPU despite how good it is at gaming.

Okay thanks! Will definetly get it then over the 2700X

28 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

How about in streaming though? Will it still be pretty good there?

How about in streaming though? Will it still be pretty good there?

It'll be the best at streaming while gaming

Primary PC:

32 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

It'll be the best at streaming while gaming

Okay, thanks!