Raspberry pi

skkler
Go to solution Solved by Admiral Koba,

It's theoretically possible. Any capture card that uses UVC and/or UAC will work in Raspbian. However, this would probably not be very practical due to the Pi having not a whole lot of power and it may struggle with higher resolution video.

An example would be a MiraBox (~$100 on Amazon - I'm sure there are cheaper options however) - which would work on the Pi but HD resolutions may be a challenge to record. A better solution would probably be a portable capture card like an AVerMedia Live Gamer Portable as it would likely work out cheaper and more effective in the end.

I know the HDMI on a raspberry pi is output only. But im curious is it possible to add an HDMI input addon the pi and connect it to a pc and make it a capture card?

I feel like a usb capture card would be cheaper but nothing is impossible with a pi, though my name is pi, I never even turned my own raspberry pi

It's theoretically possible. Any capture card that uses UVC and/or UAC will work in Raspbian. However, this would probably not be very practical due to the Pi having not a whole lot of power and it may struggle with higher resolution video.

An example would be a MiraBox (~$100 on Amazon - I'm sure there are cheaper options however) - which would work on the Pi but HD resolutions may be a challenge to record. A better solution would probably be a portable capture card like an AVerMedia Live Gamer Portable as it would likely work out cheaper and more effective in the end.